BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow. I called to setup an inspection on my car for its poor a$$ idle issues and vanos seals drama and they said they wouldn't give me a loaner cause the car passed 90k. 90,700 to be exact. My fault for putting 40k on the car, I was thinking it was still brand new. All I do is drive from Vegas to LA. (Hence the large amount of highway miles in one year. Anyways.

Anyone else heard of this?

·
Falling from 14k ft.
4,030 Posts
Never heard of that but some dealers don't give out loaners at all. Others pay for a rental. It's up to the dealer to decide on loaners, it's not BMW choosing.

Try another dealer.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Both of my local dealers no longer offer loaners unless you are under warranty.. regardless of miles or expense of repair. They both suck.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car IS under warranty. Dealer said thier policy is that if the car is over 90k that they don't give loaners for that reason and that reason alone.. Regardless of warranty etc.

I will be calling around tomorrow to see if the Henderson BMW dealer (Las Vegas) is any different. We shall see.

·
Registered
776 Posts
yep, your best to call around and find a new dealer, be sure to let the other dealer know that they've lost your business and you wont recommend anyone to them,. part of paying the premium for a bmw is good service, so if some dealers are cheapin out move on f'em..

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Loaners are dealer optional and in fact many will continue to give loaners as you are even more of an incentive to buy a new car than someone with only 20k miles, and they want to get you behind the wheel of a new one for a day, and to be able to continue to "service" you, and occasionally shock you with very high estimates of problems that are probably not even imminent. Mine used to say I needed brakes soon when I didn't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts