BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a review of the new V12 438Hp 760Li in the Globe and Mail newspaper this morning, and I almost fell out of my chair when I read this.. Now we all know that BMW does some pretty cool things- (Like the easter egg thread!) But the E46 just scratches the surface of what lies inside this $169,000 (CDN) beast- This is a quote from the review

"It would take far more than a thousand words to even begin to describe the technological features of this car, but I have to mention my favourite because it illustrates just how much attention to detail has gone into its design. It's a system that, if you park the car for long periods, automatically moves the windscreen wipers a millimetre or two every couple of days to shift the delicate wiper blades from side to side to ensure smooth operation and longer life. A truly superb automobile"

Now that's cool:D :thumbup:

·
INDEED
1,144 Posts
yeah but aren't 7s still selling pretty well ?

·
Banned
779 Posts
The New 7er is selling A LOT better than the old model, I'm really starting to like it. It is actually has a personality, unlike the Audi A8 and S-Class, IMO.

·
Registered
668 Posts
the new 7 is a great car. I can honestly say that I'd rather drive it than any other saloon in its class/price range and far above. It is a stunning car.

I wasn't too happy about the looks of the rear end, but once you sit your a$$ down in that drivers seat and press the ignition button.... WOW

·
Registered
6 Posts
The more features, the more chance of it being broken. And is the fact that the windshield wiper can move by itself a deciding factor in choosing between a 7 or S or A8? I would rather they put some thoughts on improving the reliability of the vehicle to Lexus level.

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts
thxguy said:
7 Series sales are very strong... Here's a quote from Consumerguide.com

"Despite the critical brickbats, the new 7 seems to be on target with buyers, as year-to-year sales are up no less than 41.6 percent in the first nine months of 2002. That compares with a 19.4 percent decline in calendar '01."

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/new/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/23156.htm
This quote is not completely accurate because it compares the last model year of a previous gen when the new one was already announced. SO people hold off their buying.

It doesn't mention how many of the older style were bought immediately after the new one became available.

What's more, it's not comparing the initial new intro of the 95 E38 to this one.

As a final note, not sure if anyone cares, but you can lease a pretty loaded 745i for $900 a month. That's $100 LESS than you could lease an unloaded 740Il E38 just a few months ago.

BMW is discounting these puppies like they are going out of style.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Despite the critical brickbats, the new 7 seems to be on target with buyers, as year-to-year sales are up no less than 41.6 percent in the first nine months of 2002. That compares with a 19.4 percent decline in calendar '01."
Don't sales normally decline in the last year of a model? Basically people holding out for the latest & greatest when they know a replacement is imminent?

·
Party Times!
1,799 Posts
My dad went to testdrive the new 7, and half way through the test drive the entire car died. Now he's deffinately not getting the 7, probably an e500.

·
Registered
701 Posts
yeah that was one of the first recals that the dealer was supposed to fix or was supposed to be fixed at port. The frottle boddie was defective. We have a 745i and who cares about the porblmes all new cars have them but over the car is increadible. Also we had one of the first cars in the us now the cars are much less buggy

·
Registered
338 Posts
g2go1818: Same thing here! My dad and I went to test drive the new 7 even though he didn't like the style. The first 7 we took couldn't even start and a couple dash lights along with the words "warning" lighted up. Of course, the salesperson didn't give up and we took another 7. The car was great for the first 2 miles or so and then it just died and made some weird noises from the speaker (not from the actual car)...:dunno: It wouldn't let us start the car again and salesperson had to call the dealership to have someone take us back.

I haven't heard of the new 7 having many problems, so maybe we we're just that unlucky. I think we're gonna take the S55 instead.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts