E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help, my 02 325 ic got hot and there is not coolant when i check, question can i use regular coolant 50/50 mix to get it home, i am only ten blocks from home and its a bad neighborhood, i will hate to leave here being this close to home, any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
60 Posts
If I were you and you're only 10 blocks away, I would do it. However, I would pour some coolant in like you said, wait for the car to cool down, and go home as quick as possible making sure you watch the temperature, if it gets too high, stop and wait for it to cool. Happened to me before, but that's just what I would do if you're only 10 blocks away. Looks like you're in MO, so it's pretty cold out, so much better!!

Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess i have a major problem, i pour coolant and it drips from the bottom of the car like its qn open faucet? any sugestions?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Im pretty sure yout expansion tank has exploded just like mine did. Did you drive with the low coolant light on? Get the car towed definetly do not drive it. Its a simple diy and in american u can get the tank for 50 buvks with free deliver fr ecs or pelican parts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No i didnt drive it with the coolant light, i saw the light and the temp started going up to hot rigth away. I'll get it town tomorrow and take care of it. Yhanks a lot for the fast responses

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,771 Posts
OP,

You really do need to get it towed...unless you don't mind risking $2000+ on resultant damage to engine. If lucky, just a $1000 head gasket...add at least another $1000 or so for new remanned head...and many shops evidently don't like doing heads coz they don't know how...and will advise you just to get another engine.

Don't worry about the neighborhood...if the 'neighbors' see the fear in you, then they'll be more than likely to mess with you. Just pretend that they're people like you and me...well...like you...and they are.

Used to live in Dogtown...just off Forest Park...and know there are dicey neighborhoods...but the dicey is mostly just from your perspective...from their perspective, it's home.

I hope you've called AAA or a buddy to strap a rope to your towhook and pull you home...that'd be stupid and risky too...but a second tier option if you want.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts