BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new set of 19" HRE 540r's that just came in and the dealer said that the Bridgestone SO 3's that were ordered with the rims are out of stock due to a fire at the factory. He talked me into a set of Michelin Pilots instead for an extra $400 (285 x19s on the rear) Any one with experience with these tires in the wet?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
only go with Michelin pilot sport II!!! , don't take the sport I as they really suck in the wet.
Bridgestone S-03 are great in wet, if you want a bit of comfort and good dry AND wet handling, try Dunlop SP9000

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Confirmed on the Pilot Sport II Should arrive Next week..Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
540 Posts
What is the difference between the Sports and Sport IIs? I am ordering too soon.... I also know that there are Pilot Sport with a YR and a ZR rating. Is getting the ZRs worth it? I also have the stock 330s SP wheel on.....if that makes a difference

·
Registered
80 Posts
SO'3 are good tires, I have them on for about 18K miles now, but personally will not get them again.
They are uni-directional tires....Gary correct me if i'm wrong on that. Every time I am driving on uneven roads...the car starts pulling side to side like CRAZY!! It almost looks like I am driving drunk.
Next time, I might get SO'2 or Yoko's.

·
TX Dinan 3
856 Posts
oh yeah...s0-3's pull like crazy...not to mention wear down fast...ive had mine for about 6k and they are bald and i really havent been driving all that hard on them

·
Banned
4,174 Posts
TX330ci said:
oh yeah...s0-3's pull like crazy...not to mention wear down fast...ive had mine for about 6k and they are bald and i really havent been driving all that hard on them
If you have only 6k miles on your s03 and they're bald....You were driving hard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts