E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any comments? i want to be a sleeper...all i have is the bFp cai...what company and how much shot? will not blow my engine?and how much approx would it cost me?i am seriously considering this cheap mod...

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
nitrous isn't just about what size shot you have. It's what system you use (and what safety devices it has in place), if the install was done correctly, and most importantly how often you use it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ummm what kind of safety stuff do i need? doesnt it all come with the kit? and i would only be using it like once every 2 months or so..not like a weekly thing...jus if i race someone who thinks they will kick my ass....cause im stock...ill bust it out...what would the ideal shot be though?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont have that much money...im still in high school with no job....i want nitrous oxide...please sumone give me some insight.

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
Well if YOU don't have that much money, my advice is save for engine mods...if you blow your engine with nitrous...will your parents pay for a new motor??? Insurance wont cover it....warranty wont cover it....you will have to buy a new motor 10k+ labor....ie about 14k total....thats the reason why most people dont run Nitrous on this board.....

PS. Why do you want nitrous so bad?? you watch fast and the furious too many times or something???

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i will only use it when i race someone for like 5 bills or more...which is like once every 2 months or longer..it wont be a daily thing...jus for that moment..please help

·
Registered
241 Posts
look into a Zex 75shot kit. It's one of the safest systems around. Reads bottle pressure and also will not inject when it senses a lean condition.

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
e46bimmerboy said:
i will only use it when i race someone for like 5 bills or more...which is like once every 2 months or longer..it wont be a daily thing...jus for that moment..please help
It doesn't matter how much you use it (i know it causes wear)....but i mean, it only takes one time for something to go wrong and fook your engine....

Just be careful bro....i wouldn't want to be in your shoes if something happens...

·
Registered
642 Posts
If the engine blows....pull out the kit, replace with stock parts.....then warrenty it.

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
except that they can plug in a diagnostics unit, open up and the engine, and get a good idea of what happened...
they will do anything in their power not to lose money, remeber that...

·
l337
148 Posts
even with nitrous cars that would race for 5 bills would kill you right? im thinking youll be racing supras and turbo cars

·
Registered
642 Posts
sza187 said:
even with nitrous cars that would race for 5 bills would kill you right? im thinking youll be racing supras and turbo cars
Remember he is in High School...so he can probally run a 14 flat with a 75 shot if he can shift.

He is most likely racing hondas/acura's which can only do 14 flat max without turbo/supercharger/engine swap. (I know Honda NA can do upto 10's but not without a full motor build)

·
Registered
194 Posts
you could definetly handle a 75 shot with the zex brand...but don't waste your money...bmw is a car with class...not a fast and frustrated japanese car

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Seriously, nitrous and bmw's just don't go good together. Save up some cash and get either a supercharger or the stage iv kit. From what I hear about both, you won't regret it.

·
XXXX
563 Posts
schow36 said:
Seriously, nitrous and bmw's just don't go good together. Save up some cash and get either a supercharger or the stage iv kit. From what I hear about both, you won't regret it.
:werd: :werd: :werd:

Nitrous sucks. I would explain, but it doesnt need explanation.

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,524 Posts
ok ok, i think he got enough negative posts, i believe he asked for help in the matter, not whether or not he should get it, he has obviously made up his mind...

a friend of mine runs NOS on his 323Ci. It kicks you back like you just got rear ended lol, i dont know much about his system though. you'd have to research what kind of system is best for a bmw (i.e.- wet shot, dry shot, and theres one other kind)...his bottle is like the 20 or 30 lb bottle so i dont know what "shot" it is. All i know is he has it and hasnt run into any problems. like you said, he only uses it when he needs to...good luck, just do some research on the net, search for "NOS +bmw" and it should come up with some good info, maybe even some applications, good luck...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts