BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe the people who have sprayed used a NX wet kit. What was the max shot you used? Also did you notice any fuel delivery problems such as power surges or fuel pressure drop? My kit is on order. Ill be using a NX direct port system and I’m trying to take every precaution possible to make it a success. Just wondering if fuel delivery will be a problem. Wouldn’t want to engage the nitrous and have a fuel pressure drop, yanno? tia:thumbup:

·
Registered
399 Posts
You might send a PM to 'nespharym' (his ride below) and also do a search for 'nitrous'. There's a few good threads out there. For example:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46300&highlight=nitrous

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47806&highlight=nitrous

What kit did you get and how soon do you expect to have it going? I believe the car (stock) will handle a 120 shot (20 hp per cylinder) without mods to the engine. However, ECU upgrades may cause a problem - at least with a dry system. Not sure about detonation issues if using a wet system - especially if running 25-75 shot.

Good luck, and of course - don't miss that next gear with your manual tranny, or you'll never hear the end of it! :yikes:

Anthony said:

Bring a camera to the dealership when you take your car in after it blows up. It'll be one of those priceless moments.:cry:

Attachments

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
friend just installed NOS on his 99 Jeep Cherokee :lmao:

he has exhaust, chip, intake, and was ripping 0-60 in sub 7 seconds with the NOS

3 hrs after install he put a connecting rod thru the side of his engine.

I'm not saying that a Jeep engine is at all like a bimmer engine, but dont mess with that sh!t, u will be paying for a new engine in the end, and i can assure u it will cost more than the 2700 that the jeep dealer quoted my friend :banghead:

-brendan

·
Registered
782 Posts
Nitrous Express is about to release a new kit

for BMWs...which allows the nitrous to be sprayed into the injectors....without having to drill a hole into the intake manifold..
NXL Nozzle System
Nitrous Express introduces the NXL Nozzle with Integrated Rail Technology. This plug-and-play, direct-port nozzle system is availabe for all four and eight cylinder applications. There is no drilling required, no engine disassembly and no solenoids to mount. The entire nitrous system is self-contained in the high-flow fuel rail. CALL FOR PRICING 888-463-2781.

:D

·
Registered
452 Posts
If you are concerned about fuel pressure then install a fuel pressure switch in series with your nitrous circuit so that it will cut off if pressure ever drops out. I will be doing this with a NX 75 shot sometime this year and plan to take every precaution including an rpm limiting band (because you want to be sure that nitrous is not spraying during low rpms or if the high rev limiter is reached since the ECU shuts off fuel when that happens) Also, turn off your DSC before you run the juice because under certain conditions the ECU will cut off fuel to the injectors. I plan to have an A/F meter for ballpark indication of wether I am running lean when accelerating. Install some colder plugs and don't have chip upgrades that advance the timing (most of them do so be careful).

Ignore those peeps who say that you will blow your engine.......any time you drastically increase your HP and run lean bad things will definately happen (including a blown engine). But, if you do your homework and understand how your car operates and stay within the limits of your vehicles capabilities and absolutely make sure that you don't run lean then you should be ok, its just another form of forced induction.

·
Banned
988 Posts
Hey Rick. You shouldn't have a problem running nitrous on your car. Crummie had a kit on his old 330 and never had a problem. Just do your homework before you install it. BTW you will have to give me a ride when I come and visit in late January;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts