E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Opinions needed on this one... :hmm:

Tonight I was just minding my own business using Google to search for BMW E46 heated sport seats for my 330i when I come across a guy at a Russian classified site selling seats from a parted out E53 X5 called "BMW Comfort Seats For E53 and E46 BMWs". :yikes:

He says that they not only cross fit between E53 X5 and E46 3 series but also the seats are plug and play fitment between the two cars.

So I do some anoraking to verify if anyone has done this crossfit/retrofit mod and come across a seller on eBay selling the same seats from an X5 and his auction page claims that fit perfectly into E46 sedans. They are also many other auctions selling E53 power seats that state they fit into an E46 Sedan.

I go on realoem and discover that some late model BMW E53 X5 seats have P/Ns that cross lists with BMW E46 Sedans as a direct fit!

Part 52100145764 (SEAT FRONT RIGHT) was found on the following vehicles:

E46: Details on E46

E46 320i Sedan
E46 323i Touring
E46 323i Sedan
E46 325i Touring
E46 325i Sedan
E46 325xi Touring
E46 325xi Sedan
E46 328i Sedan
E46 330i Sedan
E46 330xi Sedan
E46 323Ci Coupe
E46 325Ci Coupe
E46 328Ci Coupe
E46 330Ci Coupe
E46 M3 Coupe

E53: Details on E53
E53 X5 3.0i SAV
E53 X5 4.4i SAV
E53 X5 4.6is SAV
E53 X5 4.8is SAV

Details for all
Here is a video showing the idea of how these amazing seats work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5vTqjSU7IU

So now I am looking at these Tan Beige seats at an eBay auction page and I can't help to think if I could pull this off... :hmm:

Even the basic seat controls are identical to the ones in our E46 car plus there are the extra Comfort Sport Seat controls.

By The Way before some mentions it: These are NOT the same seats as found in the E39 and E38 BMWs.
Those E39/E38 seats are much heavier and bigger. As seen in these pics below:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
If your fine with your tushy sliding all over the place every time you turn go for it :D
This. And when I take turns I take turn HARD so I want my ass planted in my bucket seats. this maybe for guys who dont push their car and just enjoy smooth sailing

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If your fine with your tushy sliding all over the place every time you turn go for it :D
lol.

This. And when I take turns I take turn HARD so I want my ass planted in my bucket seats. this maybe for guys who dont push their car and just enjoy smooth sailing
uhm....I have the basic non sport E46 seat in my car right now and I already have the sliding around issue.

·
Registered
356 Posts
That's the kind of seat that makes you wanna sit back and tell people they're fired.

Anyways I have similar looking seats in my expedition. Super comfortable on long trips..:drool:

·
Premium Member
19,121 Posts
I've always liked X5 seats. But the shoulder area looks like it would make for a tight fit.

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,771 Posts
Del,

OMG, better than your battery expose...can hardly control myself. This thread has it all for me...the beige, the leather, the seat, the sports, the heated, the power!

Please stop...

But, if you don't...and your non-sports, beige leather heated seats disappear from your car, would you maybe consider helping my stay warm in the winter (settle guys!)...and let me know. As much as I covet beige leather heated sports seats, right now, having just the 'heated' would be nice...and your seats are mint! You should try sitting in your car occasionally and actually driving it!:lmao:

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol.

Hey Doug.
If I pull this off (manage to get the comfort seats for a good price) then my current seats are yours.

I do sit in my car. I don't know why my seats look like that.

Del,

OMG, better than your battery expose...can hardly control myself. This thread has it all for me...the beige, the leather, the seat, the sports, the heated, the power!

Please stop...

But, if you don't...and your non-sports, beige leather heated seats disappear from your car, would you maybe consider helping my stay warm in the winter (settle guys!)...and let me know. As much as I covet beige leather heated sports seats, right now, having just the 'heated' would be nice...and your seats are mint! You should try sitting in your car occasionally and actually driving it!:lmao:

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,771 Posts
Lol.

Hey Doug.
If I pull this off (manage to get the comfort seats for a good price) then my current seats are yours.

I do sit in my car. I don't know why my seats look like that.
:thumbsup:

Great! Now to troll for something else! ...and please...just watch it with your threads...batteries, seats...what's next? There are young drivers here; young, impressionable, innocent teenagers and you're posting stuff like this. Next you'll be cutting into one of your next seats, adding an oddments tray and posting pictures of it! At least mark them NWS!

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
No way. Why not try putting a set of Z3/M Sports Seats.

Stop trying to turn your car into a couch.

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
i say go for it delmarco! You are the pioneering in E46 diys! Make your car like you want. Cant wait to see these things go in, those seats look sooooooooooooooo comfy! Sport seats and m3 seats ftl (uncomfy :().

·
Registered
478 Posts
Go for it! Comfort seats should be amazing. I don't know if they're anything like the newer multi-contour seats in the E7x's (which literally hug you when you turn on the car), it'll nevertheless be a great upgrade.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Go for it! Comfort seats should be amazing. I don't know if they're anything like the newer multi-contour seats in the E7x's (which literally hug you when you turn on the car), it'll nevertheless be a great upgrade.
This is kinda irrelevant but your license plate Nom Nom is sick haha

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
I've seen e46 sport seats retrofitted into the X5, so the other way around should work. If you want something more size appropriate for the e46, maybe comfort seats from an x3 would work? Definitely going to keep an eye on this one... Though I don't think comfort seats ever existed in cinnamon

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-for...sport-seats-into-x-last-night-pics-added.html

i say go for it delmarco! You are the pioneering in E46 diys! Make your car like you want. Cant wait to see these things go in, those seats look sooooooooooooooo comfy! Sport seats and m3 seats ftl (uncomfy :().
After sitting in all 3 types of seats (non-sport, sport, and M3) I've got to say the sport and m3 seats are 100x more comfortable than the non-sport. Sport seats are a little more comfortable than the m3 seats, but it's not a huge difference.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts