BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
in this pic off of that website, the car looks like it has tiny wheels and a major drop...it also looks bulky to me....is it just me or is that a test dummy in the back seat?!

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
10,883 Posts
I wonder if they tester guys sit around making up funny ways to throw the press off about new cars.

It looks like there are extra panels stuck on the car to hide it shape. If you look at the door handles you can see how they are sunk in some.

huntmdwn said:
in this pic off of that website, the car looks like it has tiny wheels and a major drop...it also looks bulky to me....is it just me or is that a test dummy in the back seat?!
That is a test dummy that you can fill with water to simulate the weight of passengers.

Tim

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,915 Posts
tim330i said:
I wonder if they tester guys sit around making up funny ways to throw the press off about new cars.

It looks like there are extra panels stuck on the car to hide it shape. If you look at the door handles you can see how they are sunk in some.

Tim
yeah, and the "hail damage" look on the hood.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The first pic looks like there is a person in the back seat. Anyone notice the lights on the side mirrors, a la MB

·
Registered
874 Posts
no way that is the new 3 series, if it is it will be made over extremely in the front end. It does not have the double kidney grill whicj is a registered trademark of BMW. The only BMW never to have one is the Alpina Z8 Roaster, and it had one in a way. Those mirrors look like the mirrors from MB's. Also, those lights look like thay belong on an Acura, not a BMW.

·
Help me Help you!
956 Posts
Wow,

They drop the sh*t out of that mofo!
overall the shape looks the same as the e46 except its stretched out more....like the e39 or a stretched out version of the prior gen civics....too early to make a judgement.

·
There I was, Sicily, 1918..
2,496 Posts
Almost the entire body is covered by panels; if they even have the production body under there, it's so distorted there's no way to judge it. I bet the only thing from the new model's the chasis/powertrain/engine (everything hidden).

·
INDEED
1,133 Posts
no elephant ears for side mirrors at least, tho... only good thing i saw. heh

·
Registered
120 Posts
how can most of you make a judgement on the new 3 from these pics? of course the kidney grill is not there, its obviously hidden under mounds of body armor. i'm pretty sure same goes for the headlights. as for the blinkers in the mirrors, looks like reflective tape to me, but i could be wrong here. however, the interior shot is a dead giveaway that it is a bmw under the disguise.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The kidneys prob aren't are the car to help fool the public, and the Alpina Z8 did have the kindney grils:

It's funny how the grils are now sideways when compared to the origional BMW grils.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts