BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just go the newest version of the Fiber Design silver gauge rings in the express mail today.

It took me about 5 minutes to get the cluster out using a torx #15 screwdriver.

1 minute using a #10 torx screw driver to get the cover off the back of the cluster.

30 seconds to get the inside of the cluster out of the housing.

About 2 minutes of touching up some of the rings with emory paper.

30 minutes using model airplane glue to glue them.

5 minutes to reassemble and re-install the cluster.

They are incredible looking. Great job Herb and Vinnymac!:thumbup: :pimpin: :pimpin: :banghead: :mad: be careful not to put too much glue on the ring, it squeezes out and is a killer to get off once it dries.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
6 outside of rings front

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
8 small rings inside edge is slightly rough, used fingernail and emory paper to smooth before picture

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
11 where the cluster is normally, notice two different colored harness tips, the small grey is for the left side, the larger black is for the right side (facing the front of the gauges)

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
12 last but not least, the final product re-instalelled and totally:pimpin: :pimpin: :pimpin: :thumbup: :D

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
last but not least, the tools for the job

Attachments

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Looks just like my dahs now, good job Fiberdesign :thumbup:

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,521 Posts
Very nice... good DIY too :thumbup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys, glad you liked the pics and DIY. I have been waiting for somebody else to do it before my rings showed up. Then I couldn't wait and just jumped right in and was as careful as I could be.

It isn't as bad as you think, intimidating at first, but really easy if you can use a screwdriver and glue!

I used my 4.0 megapixel Sony DSC -P9 digital camera with the setting on 1600x1200.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts