BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Protect Me From What I Want
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm new to the board also to BMW. I'm thinking of buying a 330i PP but still undecided. The package seems really nice but only 10 more hp for that much extra money, not sure about this. $42K loaded that's close to the new S4 with 344hp

I've got quite alot of questions but as for right now just want to know will the 03 330i get the LED taillights? I should be in the process of ordering by around May if I didn't go to Audi. appreciate for all ur thoughts

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you add the cold air intake and the software upgrade (on an '01) you'll get at least 11 HP boost. That will total about $900 most places. Sure, you don't get the 03 PP's upgraded body moldings but if it's HP that you want, the cold air is cheaper at least on my '01. That doesn't even take into account the added HP is you add the Dinan exhaust. Just a thought..assuming the cold air and exhaust are available mods on '03 models.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
You might only get 10HP, but you also get a 6 speed with different gearing that nets a 0-60 time .5 seconds faster. New 18" rims, body kit and a different interior..

From the photos it looks like all with have the LEDs.

Chip-

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
maq said:
Hi all

I'm new to the board also to BMW. I'm thinking of buying a 330i PP but still undecided. The package seems really nice but only 10 more hp for that much extra money, not sure about this. $42K loaded that's close to the new S4 with 344hp

I've got quite alot of questions but as for right now just want to know will the 03 330i get the LED taillights? I should be in the process of ordering by around May if I didn't go to Audi. appreciate for all ur thoughts
The PP is much more than just 10 hp, you also get a short-throw shifter, shorter final drive ratio, tuned sport suspension (better than std sport suspension), 18" wheels, body kit, black headlight trim, new exhaust, upgraded steering wheel, Alcantara suede sport seats, anthracite headliner, & black aluminum trim. In all, the 330i PP will be almost half a second faster from 0-60, a significant improvement.

The PP price before taxes is about $39 K, expensive but still significantly cheaper than the upcoming B6 S4. On AudiWorld, everyone agrees it's going to be more expensive than the B5 S4 (which was $39 K base when new). Most say about $45 K sounds right, which would put it in M3 territory ($47 K base). For that price, I'd rather have an M3 coupe over a S4 sedan.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Re: Re: Newbie

jp323i said:

The PP is much more than just 10 hp, you also get a short-throw shifter, shorter final drive ratio, tuned sport suspension (better than std sport suspension), 18" wheels, body kit, black headlight trim, new exhaust, upgraded steering wheel, Alcantara suede sport seats, anthracite headliner, & black aluminum trim. In all, the 330i PP will be almost half a second faster from 0-60, a significant improvement.

The PP price before taxes is about $39 K, expensive but still significantly cheaper than the upcoming B6 S4. On AudiWorld, everyone agrees it's going to be more expensive than the B5 S4 (which was $39 K base when new). Most say about $45 K sounds right, which would put it in M3 territory ($47 K base). For that price, I'd rather have an M3 coupe over a S4 sedan.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Re: Re: Newbie

jp323i said:

And what sucks about the new s4 is that they are taking out the turbo and putting in a v8. I don't know about you guys, but i'd rather have a 6 with turbo than an 8...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts