BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Flex UK Style
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching and reading these boards for a while, and I'm impressed. I've recently (two weeks) taken ownership of an E46 Convertible, black with black leather, HK Upgrade, Style 44 alloys, wind-deflector and the folding mirror pack. Unfortunately I lost all my no claims discount when my wife (honest) crashed my last car, so I gotta start at the "bottom" hence it's only a 2.0, BUT it's the nicest car I've ever owned and driven. It's kicking out 143 horses standard, but I'm getting the ECU re-programmed on Tuesday next week, with a sport's air filter being installed at the same time. Not too bothered about speed, but I like the sound of a tuned engine. Anyway, enough about my "whip" (a term I picked up coming to this board) and I hope to be chatting with you guys soon. I'll stick a pic up as soon as I know how.

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
Be careful around these parts. You'll end up with 19" rims, carbon fiber dash kit, M3 wheel, clear corners, and a 3 piece spoiler if you're not careful.

dave

·
Flex UK Style
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Commander FAT said:
Be careful around these parts. You'll end up with 19" rims, carbon fiber dash kit, M3 wheel, clear corners, and a 3 piece spoiler if you're not careful.

dave
For real!!! Because of you lot, I've not been doing any work, just been surfing the web looking for more and more stuff to add. But my wife won't let me :cry: but it's all good. Stealth Modification is the way to go :eeps:

·
Registered
232 Posts
BigFas said:

For real!!! Because of you lot, I've not been doing any work, just been surfing the web looking for more and more stuff to add. But my wife won't let me :cry: but it's all good. Stealth Modification is the way to go :eeps:
LOL Welcome to the board. I think a lot of the members get the CC bill sent to the office to escape the wrath of the wife :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
welcome man :)

is that the 2002 valvetronic 2.0 litre engine u'r talking about? i didnt know there was a chip upgrade out for it yet? if there is, where do i get it? :)

·
Flex UK Style
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sense said:
welcome man :)

is that the 2002 valvetronic 2.0 litre engine u'r talking about? i didnt know there was a chip upgrade out for it yet? if there is, where do i get it? :)
Yes you're right it's the Valvetronic upgrade. I'm getting it done from a Company based in the UK called VanAaken Developments www.vanaaken.com they have an office in Germany too.

It's not a chip replacement but a remapping of the ECU which will improve torque and throttle response and adding (at most) 10% BHP output. Give them a call, I spoke to a guy called Phil and they are REALLY helpful. They are also putting in a performance air filter too. Again, not really going for ultimate BHP but really the sweet sound and improved throttle response.

·
AudiFanatic
504 Posts
BigFas said:
I've been watching and reading these boards for a while, and I'm impressed. I've recently (two weeks) taken ownership of an E46 Convertible, black with black leather, HK Upgrade, Style 44 alloys, wind-deflector and the folding mirror pack. Unfortunately I lost all my no claims discount when my wife (honest) crashed my last car, so I gotta start at the "bottom" hence it's only a 2.0, BUT it's the nicest car I've ever owned and driven. It's kicking out 143 horses standard, but I'm getting the ECU re-programmed on Tuesday next week, with a sport's air filter being installed at the same time. Not too bothered about speed, but I like the sound of a tuned engine. Anyway, enough about my "whip" (a term I picked up coming to this board) and I hope to be chatting with you guys soon. I'll stick a pic up as soon as I know how.
Let the addiction begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao: Muaahahahahahaahahahah!

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,702 Posts
Congrats on ur ride! i love the verts!!! as my profile suggests. neverthe less well come to the board and u better vaccinate ur self quick or else u'll be infected by the mod bug FOREVER!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts