BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I came across this site through an email from my work's super-duper cool Taiwanese lady supervisor (325i driver). I've been browsing around for the last two weeks to feel the atmosphere, and I personally think this board has good enough hospitality to put my Honda feet into =D There's quite alot of boards out there that don't take a good liking to other car enthusiasts, so I tend to scrutinize the site that I sign-up for.

I'm hoping for a good time here. I don't drive a BMW, I do have an uncle who does (330i driver), and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon, either hehe. Not looking to start flame or ****s or fights, had enough of those over in other boards (I've resigned from all Honda boards except Team-Integra.net, which is about the only reputable, HEAVILY techical-oriented Honda site out there, a little shameless plug for my home site!)

BMW is a great car, I still think the BMW 3series 4 door is hands down the best all-around 4 door car in the world. I am here pretty much just to learn the technical aspects/engine theories of the E46, so as to broaden my overall automotive knowledge. I am taking homegrown automotive lesson from Dad, so I know quite my share about general engine theories and general tuning philosophies (ie hemholtz theory, acoustic supercharging, atomization of fuel particles, cam overlap/duration/lift, on and on, mostly from the point-of-view of Honda Bseries engine tuning, which is why I am out here to learn more about other cars' tuning philosophies, the more you know the merrier!).

So yeah, Hi!

Anyways, back to exporting .3ds frames for compilation into md2s for my game project, YAYYYYY, does anyone happen to know how to export into MD2s from Milkshape 3D?

·
it's pronounce "Q's beemer"
1,181 Posts
I have no idea what you're talking about... but welcome!!

Just a pre warning... hondas get flamed the most around here... so if you see any, don't be offended, just sometimes the guys here need a scapegoat to make fun of...

I'm an old honda owner too... I wasn't into performance mods back then, but still a great car I had!

btw, where are you from? san jose here!

Q

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

I came pretty close to getting an E36, right after I flew my car into a tree on the mountain, but instead I borrowed/begged/threatened people for money and fixed it back, so BMW idea existed for just a bit =D

qz: I am located in San Jose, also. And I think this city straight up stinks...

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,671 Posts
Welcome. I own a Honda as my commuter :thumbup:

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
I dont know much about their cars, but I know honda makes the best four wheelers! BTW, what is a DC2? I've never heard of that.

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
5,186 Posts
Welcome, and no, honda's dont suck. You want a reliable car for a good price, honda's are your ticket. they make some strong cars :thumbup:

·
Mod Squad
12,622 Posts
Howdy!! :hi: With all that mechanic mumbo jumbo you were spouting, sounds like you could teach many of us something about cars. :) Glad to have you aboard. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts