BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up guys, im new to this so please bear with me!! i just recently purchased a 2002 330ci 5spd manual. so far i LOVE the car, its everything i hoped it would be and more. what i was hoping you guys could help me out with is some info on any problems you have experienced with your cars. i want to make sure that i get everything taken care of before my warranty expires. particularly, i was wondering if any of you have noticed that the manual gear box is very stiff, kinda notchy feeling on cold days....im really concerned about that since i bought the car used. im also finding that the brakes are making a bit of a noise under light breaking....im sure they just need a tune up, but who knows!!

thanks to all who reply

·
Registered
202 Posts
Welcome to the board. Nice to see another Canuck! If you do a search you will probably find "common problems" people have had with their cars. As far as your stiff gear box goes I would say that is somewhat normal in cold weather before the car warms up. I would just take it in and tell the dealer your problems and have them fix it if it is under warranty.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi, and welcome.

I have not had any real problems with my 2001 car.
Just enjoy the car and do some searches. :)

Give us more info about your car and it condition: example Miles?
Brakes may need new pads, but what are the miles?

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
I know that when my transmission is cold it jerks a little more than when it is warm. When you shift into 2nd does it feel like the shifter is hitting a bumper of some sort?

Many people on here have posted about tranny problems and the majority have said that Redline Transmisison fluid will solve most of them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm getting my '04 325ci hopefully before the new year as it arrived in Halifax, Canada two weeks ago. I expect the gears to be notchy here in Alberta's cold weather.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts