E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't scoured the manual yet but does the average mph and mpg reset when I fill up the tank? I haven' even done that yet. Can I manually reset the average mph and mpg? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
they are all correct, but to ansewr th eother part of the ?, No it wont reset those values automaticaly... it will reset the Distance to empty, but if the MPG is not reset it will provide that number based on questionable information.
I always reset the MPG's when I fill up, and at 1/4 tank I reset it again to get more accurate info on DTE.
YMMV

·
Registered
246 Posts
Cowboy Bebop said:
they are all correct, but to ansewr th eother part of the ?, No it wont reset those values automaticaly... it will reset the Distance to empty, but if the MPG is not reset it will provide that number based on questionable information.
I always reset the MPG's when I fill up, and at 1/4 tank I reset it again to get more accurate info on DTE.
YMMV
One time I almost ran out of gas and the OBC said I had 80 miles left. Ironically, I was going to stop at the station by my house on the way home from work. I don't reset the MPG setting very often. Does the mileage estimate use the MPG figure to determine miles left, so if the MPG is off then the miles left will also be off :dunno: If this is true, then I am going to reset at every fill-up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts