BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey what's up everyon. Well while i am saving up money i am setting aside some money for my digi cam to take pics of my car's mod. I sold my old digi cam because it didn't work good... anyways, i ordered my clear side markers and front two signal lights clear. It looks really good except the damn bulb is yolk yellow. I only have 3 questions regarding lights...

I have a 2003 BMW 325i E46... i just purchased the clear corners and clear side markers... i want to buy the clear bulb from bimmian.com but don't know what options to put down. LIke in the end of the page for platninum vision bulbs... Illumination color (i pick amber)....Vehicule type(oem lens or aftermarket something, what do i put there?) and KIT TYPE(i only want for corners and side markers, not the taillight yet untill i get the euro clear taillights) or should i just call them up and tell them my situation?

I've been doing reading on lights... OEM's, Hologen, HID's, H11, DDE's, etc... it was hard to remember all those short names. Anyways after all the reading i see that most people preffer 6000k OEM Xenon lights. So that's what i want to put on mine. Now i think HID's mean that bulb that looks semi round and looks like have a mirror ball. I don't know what type came with my car but it illuminates bright yellow. Will all i have to is buy the 6000k OEM xenon lights and install it myself?... or will that not fit to my car.

will changing my headlights effect me in any way if i want to put DDE's on? (Daylight Demon Eyes.. right?) I want Bright blue angel eyes... and I want my headlights to somewhat match my headlights.. can that be possible and legal? Because i read 6000 OEM xenon are bright bright white and somewhat blue.

thanks

·
www.piratecove.org
3,706 Posts
bulbs, www.powerbulbs.com

6000k is not the oem temp, you'd have to get 6000k bulbs to replace the stock ones...and those are like $300 a set give or take i think...just for the bulbs...

6000k has a blue hue to it, if you are going to change your headlights...wait and get the dde's after you upgrade your lights.

·
Banned
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$300 not bad i wouldn't mind paying that for the set. So get the headlights first then DDe's..

ok what the heck is H1-H3-etc.... is that related to 6000k. anyway would you guys agree on my idea of getting 6000k bubs. and OEM<-- what is that. is that still Xenon?.. or no... can i change my lights to be xenon?

·
www.piratecove.org
3,706 Posts
its the type of socket IIRC

oem xenon lights are 4600k i think or something close to that...more towards yellow.

some people are able to get whole new xenon units, some people just buy the guts and swap that out with what they have now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts