E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Ccan someone post me a link that guides me to install a Alpine CHM-S630 6-Disc CD Changer on my 330 Sedan, the one in the tech has instuctions but the pictures are not working ...
Thaks for the input
jl

·
Registered
355 Posts
How much does that particular model cost? and are the BMW more compatable with Alpine or something?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About $200.00, the you got to get the brackets... that is like $40.00 duno who much the dealer will install for..

check it out here
Here :banghead:

·
Registered
553 Posts
asif2002 said:
How much does that particular model cost? and are the BMW more compatable with Alpine or something?
You can get the changer for $175-200, but you also have to get an OEM adapter which will run ~$100.

·
Registered
352 Posts
hmm the guy on that uk website isnt responding...has anyone installed that model, alpine cha-s634? if so, can ur oem head-unit that is just a single CD ( no nav) able to control that changer without problems?

·
unregistered user
793 Posts
Yeah I got the CHA-S634. The oem head unit controls it just fine, absolutely no problems. The only gripe I have about the S634 is when you play MP3s there is a slight delay between tracks- a bit more than the normal 2 seconds on cds- but this is due to the cd changer decoding the MP3 so its understandable. Go get one, its defintely worth it. Take a few 700mb cd-rws and burn them up with mp3s and you will have enough music to last all week long.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've got a dumb add-on question to this. Is there any possible way to display ID3 tags from the mp3s using this changer or navigate folders? I'd hate to have hundreds of mp3s on a CD and not be able to navigate through them easily.

·
unregistered user
793 Posts
Yes. the s634 will parse (read from) folders but your stock headunit will run the mp3s all together one after another. so you can't just go from folder to folder and select songs if that is what you mean there. gotta get a different aftermarket headunit.

jluzbet: Here is a pic of the S634 in my car:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts