E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 BMW 325CI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
alright i just picked these corvette wheels up for my 2005 325ci and was wondering what coilovers and tire size i could run to get this here fitment right... any tips help and any recommendations on other aesthetics let me know !

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't have the 17" ones but here's mine with 35mm spacers and extended front LCA. I would recommend getting the 5x120 to 5x4.75 adapters, I know the bolt pattern is extremely close but personally I prefer better safe than sorry. You might need to do some extreme fender rolling to get them to tuck though with spacers so you might be able to get away with it if you run without them. I run 225/50/16 in the front and 215/55/16 in the back but for the fitment you're looking for I'm guessing you'll need a 45-40 side wall. Your local tire shop should be able to handle stretching a 205 on these even though they are pretty wide wheels.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 BMW 325CI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the 17" ones but here's mine with 35mm spacers and extended front LCA. I would recommend getting the 5x120 to 5x4.75 adapters, I know the bolt pattern is extremely close but personally I prefer better safe than sorry. You might need to do some extreme fender rolling to get them to tuck though with spacers so you might be able to get away with it if you run without them. I run 225/50/16 in the front and 215/55/16 in the back but for the fitment you're looking for I'm guessing you'll need a 45-40 side wall. Your local tire shop should be able to handle stretching a 205 on these even though they are pretty wide wheels.

This is exactly the response i was looking for and the inspiration for a roof rack haha... it’s my daily and want to keep it fairly stock but damn does it look good sideways.. thanks for the feedback and i’ll take ur advice to the bank

·
Registered
2005 BMW 325CI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

also how thick can i go on the adapter? i think something a little wider would be sweet with rolled fenders

·
Registered
159 Posts
Unfortunately when I was searching for adaptors there really is only one 5x120 to 5x4.75 available, but if you just spacers I think you would be fine with 15mm. It's hard to say though I have to check and see what the fitment is on stock body, I had to cut and roll my fenders.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i've been wanting to do this to my 330i. i have 2 sets of sawblades 17x8.5/17x9.5 that sit on my typhoon now and another set of 17x9.5/17x11 that i bought to replace the first set.
i like the way the 'vette wheels look on e46

·
Registered
159 Posts
This is exactly the response i was looking for and the inspiration for a roof rack haha... it’s my daily and want to keep it fairly stock but damn does it look good sideways.. thanks for the feedback and i’ll take ur advice to the bank
Good luck on the fitment! It can be a bit tricky to get the right setup on the first try but you'll figure it out pretty fast. Also yes, roof ranks are absolutely a must haha, it has proven itself very useful for tire transportation

1 - 7 of 7 Posts