BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got my new wheels test fit, let me know how you like em... might drop it a bit since this is still my ride height from 19" rim setup... anyways there Volk re30 18x9 et40 square wrapped in Dunlop z1 star spec 275/35/18... looks meaty but I love it :evil: Somehow the rims/tires are flush are the front but at the back I could use a 5-8mm spacer.. Also the rears didn't quite clear my calipers and we found this out the hard way :( you can see in one of the last pics the scoring on the rim, luckily its not anywhere you can see it to badly, but I will get it fixed somehow anyways (anyone have any tips lol) You would have thought the 6piston fronts would have a harder time to clear over the rear 4pistons... We span the wheel on the hoist and they all cleared, I guess when we lowered it down it just barely scraped, so I am thinking ill have to grind down corner of the nut on the caliper that's barely clearing? Also after we put my original rims back on, I noticed I originally had a shitty 3mm non hub centric spacer on the front and It never had any problems before so I put it back on since my car will be in storage within the week and without it my front brakes wont clear... Anyways now when I drove away after the tire shop closed a couples minutes of driving and I have a vibration that seems to be coming from the rear end of the car, the faster I go the more it vibrates...luckily my house is 5 minutes from the tire shop... I watched him put everything back on and he torqued everything properly, I don't have any spacers on my rear rims so it cant be that... I'm going to have to come back to there shop and get them to take them off and put them on again because this cant be safe :ben: Enough of the ranting/stories onto the pics!

http://img63.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img0167n.jpg

I know there shitty iphone pics but this was just a test fit, cars dirty anyways as it rained last couple days.. anyways thanks for looking :D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx dude :D now I have to bring the car back so they can fix the vibration issue and find some touch up paint to fix the inside of the 2 rear rims :(

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
That is sexy

·
Registered
850 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments guys found the cause... My driver side front wheel wasn't torqued just hand tightened, that could have been a costly mistake! Anyways I'm glad it's fixed, now to find some gunmetal touch up paint, will post pics next season with the rear 5-8mm spacer on...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! anyone know where to get Gunmetal touch up paint for Volk rims? I went to the local auto store they have gunmetal in 2 shades but neither are the color I need :(

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
You could easily do a 10mm out back, and roll the fenders too.

It'll look awesome! That is a great setup. light, strong wheels and very sticky tires.

edit: Didn't realize it was you, Tom. Forgot that this isn't a M3 so scratch the 10mm spacer suggestion lol.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol Anu, ya it's me... I have tons of clearance currently so I'm going to put a 5 or 8mm spacer in the rear and it will look so niceee... Next and pretty much final exterior mod is to paint and mould the front lip like Alec has/suggested... Without this site I donnu what I would do, thanks guys!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thx for the kinds words gents! Cant wait to fit em next season with the spacer out back, agressive, meaty stance here I come :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts