BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
****** User
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im 16 years old and my dad just gave me his 2000 323i and he bought himself a g35.

i have a question about putting the car in SD mode. When you do this does the car go to first or does it always just drops to second when ur at a stop. ive looked around the board and ive seen mixed responses:dunno: . Can someone please clear this up ? =D

thanks

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
I think that it depends on your driving style as the transmission adapts to the amount of acceleration you normally do and the way you drive. I am 17 years old and received my car last year when I turned 16, so naturally I accelerate just a tad bit fas...:eeps: ;) So whenever I am in SD mode, my car starts from 1st. Since your dad drove the car before, unless he drove it hard, it prolly starts in 2nd. My normal D mode starts in 1st as well. So it really does depend on your driving style. If you drive your 323 hard, your tranny will begin to start in 1st, if not, it will start in 2nd for smoother take offs and shifts...hope this helps...:thumbup:

·
Registered
370 Posts
my 330 starts on 2nd gear. However, If i were to floor it, it automatically drops to first. Same goes for any gear. For instance, if I am on 4 gear and I floor it, it drop down to 3rd gear. Kinda cool I guess. i dunno if this is the case in all steps.

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
Looks like u have some REALLY hard driving to do, to make the computer balance out, and go to starting in first! lol, seriously tho be safe :thumbup:

-brendan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts