BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently replaced my wheels of the actions m3 by some lowenhart 19 in the rims. In this manner, I also changed marks of tire of the pilot sports of Michelin into tires of Yokohama AVS. The new ones oshould be better because they are 275' S instead of the actions 235' S. However, I am seeming to have even less traction with the new tire of Yokahama AVS though they are more the broad one is 4 centimetres. Do no matter who alse have problems like this?

·
Registered
401 Posts
:yikes: :eeps: :confused: :lmao:

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
I'm thinking some one used babblefish

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
mfspolo said:
bob is that u:eeps: :eeps: :eeps: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Hahhahaha

If I made anything out in your post, if you got Continentals, yes, THEY SUCK! Get some Bridgestone S-03's as very good replacements.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,845 Posts
bobm3.. help :huh: might be a relative :D

·
BMW Land Barge
1,378 Posts
Wow, I never knew Texans spoke Engrish...

And to actually respond... Wider tires are nto necessarily better. (Duh!) Clearly, the tires you bought, whatever Yoko AVS model they are, are inferior to the Pilot Sports. Buy yourself some Bridgestone Potenza S-03s, and the Chicago Manual of Style.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
e46boy said:
damn man.... after reading it over and over again.. i still have no damn clue what you just asked....

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sorry, what I meant to say was that I recently replaced my stock M3 wheels with some Lowenhart 19 inch rims. As a result of the wheel change, I also had to change the tires. I decided to change from thwe stock Michelin Pilot Sports to Yokohama AVS Sports. The new Yokohamas should have even better traction because they are 275' S instead of the stock 235' s. However, I seem to have even less traction with the new Yokahama AVS even though they are wider by 4 centimetres. Are the Yokohamas that much worse than the Pilots? Has anyone else experienced this?

·
wah wah wah
2,765 Posts
marv said:

Sorry, what I meant to say was that I recently replaced my stock M3 wheels with some Lowenhart 19 inch rims. As a result of the wheel change, I also had to change the tires. I decided to change from thwe stock Michelin Pilot Sports to Yokohama AVS Sports. The new Yokohamas should have even better traction because they are 275' S instead of the stock 235' s. However, I seem to have even less traction with the new Yokahama AVS even though they are wider by 4 centimetres. Are the Yokohamas that much worse than the Pilots? Has anyone else experienced this?
i think the AVS are more for dry track use:dunno: :dunno:
i dont know but next time when u post something post it like u just did:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,262 Posts
hahahahaha, dude are you serious with that first post or just had someone rewrite the post for you later??? hahahah

rk

·
Bimmerless
1,957 Posts
marv said:

Its not just the WIDTH of the tire that is important. You have to look at the traction rating. The Bridgestone S-03s have a AA dry traction rating, which is very awesome. Also, look at the treadwear rating. "Usually" the lower the #, the softer the tire, the stickier it is. Not always the case, but usually.

So....if you have 2 different tires, the same exact size, the ratings/performance of the tire are more important.

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
12,821 Posts
Guys give him a break. If you read his post you can figure out that he is having problems with traction on his new tires. Just because Engish isn't your first language doesn't mean you can't get your questions answered here.

The piots are good tires, better than the AVS. If you are really having traction problems get some S-03s.

Tim

1 - 20 of 45 Posts