E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had my new 245/35/19 & 285/30/19 Hankook Tires mounted at Discount yesterday. Great tires and they are so quiet and ride much better than the Falkens that came off the car. I was worried about the 285's in the rear but they fit like a glove and there is no rubbing. I tested them in the turns and straight line we will say.

No spacers and factory ride height.

Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
450 Posts
U better rotate those tires ever so often being so wide and welcome to the world of understeer. I'm running 275s in the rear and I love the wide stance but don't like the Push of the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Agreed, I didn't understand a word of that post....
285's look GREAT!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the 275's on the rear before and the car did just fine on the street. This car sees no track time so I'm not to worried.:thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had my new 245/35/19 & 285/30/19 Hankook Tires mounted at Discount yesterday. Great tires and they are so quiet and ride much better than the Falkens that came off the car. I was worried about the 285's in the rear but they fit like a glove and there is no rubbing. I tested them in the turns and straight line we will say.

No spacers and factory ride height.

Here are a few pictures.
how much did you pay for it?

·
Registered
439 Posts
should have gone with a 35 sidewall your speedo is gonna be off

·
Registered
860 Posts
M3 4 DW,

Your going to be fine with the 285/30s

It really depends on the Brand since there ALL made different. different materials and different shapes. I ran 265/35, 275/30, 285/30 and now 295/30 from Goodyear, Toyo, Nexen, Dunlop, Michelin and now Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

The Toyo and Goodyears IMO were Tall sidewall tires and i hated how they would "Break Loose" on full throttle. the Dunlops & michelins held on the best. this will be the 1st time trying the Vreds but my european friends Love them. i think they have better roads in germany but i will see how they hold up to 650+ rwhp in the US...

you should be fine though...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
M3 4 DW,

Your going to be fine with the 285/30s

It really depends on the Brand since there ALL made different. different materials and different shapes. I ran 265/35, 275/30, 285/30 and now 295/30 from Goodyear, Toyo, Nexen, Dunlop, Michelin and now Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

The Toyo and Goodyears IMO were Tall sidewall tires and i hated how they would "Break Loose" on full throttle. the Dunlops & michelins held on the best. this will be the 1st time trying the Vreds but my european friends Love them. i think they have better roads in germany but i will see how they hold up to 650+ rwhp in the US...

you should be fine though...

I've heard great things about vredstein, not many know about them yet. ALOT of e9xM owners are running them. Where did you get yours?

And thanks OP, i was curious aboutif 285's could fit on stock ride height. Might get those when i need new tires (very soon)

·
Registered
860 Posts
I've heard great things about vredstein, not many know about them yet. ALOT of e9xM owners are running them. Where did you get yours?

And thanks OP, i was curious aboutif 285's could fit on stock ride height. Might get those when i need new tires (very soon)
Coool, I got the best price off ebay.

Brand new: 245-35-19 = $235 ea. / 295-30-19s = $275 ea. shipped

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yup, 285s are all good on OEM 19s @ stock ride height.

Only problem is that the M will become a gas guzzler. I noticed a big consumption difference when i went 285s in the rear.

Your acceleration will also be a bit slower but who cares.

·
Registered
583 Posts

Only problem is that the M will become a gas guzzler. I noticed a big consumption difference when i went 285s in the rear.

I didnt notice any issues with gas consumption (although I am forced induction).... BUT I remember having a terrible time getting my camber correct.... I had 305's on there (for a while), but it was just too much of a hassle on track days... 285's are what I currently run and it's fine.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

I reset the SMG and noticed No decrease in fuel economy over the last few days. Still getting 18mpg on the street with no HWY driving. Putting the RPI scoops on next week and taking a trip so we will see if I can beat the 26mpg I got on the HWY with my old 275's.

·
Registered
123 Posts
What do you guys think of running 255F/285R on the new VS8.2's on the M3? Any rubbing likely? I have no suspension mods--stock ride height.

The factory (non-ZCP) wheels are 8.0F/9.5R wide. I run 245F/275R Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus's on them. I love that look--a little fatter, not stretched at all, but not too sloppy.

The new wheels are supposed to be 8.5F/10.0R wide. Of course, the offsets will be a little different but I'm curious about people's thoughts or experiences. The recommendation is for 245/275 but I'm thinking that'll be a little too stretched.

Oh yeah, I'm planning on running Michelin Pilot PS2's or one of the new tires--either Pilot Sport 3 or Pilot Super Sport, if I can find 'em in the right sizes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a set of Michelin Super Sports, 245/35-19 and 275/30-19 but I still need to get a set of rims. I will be lowering the car about an inch, don't want to run spacers and don't want to roll the fenders.

I was thinking of the E9x GTR rims in black, 19x9 and 19x10. Will these fit without rubbing? OP, what size rims are you running?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts