E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
xenon licence plate light thing?

·
Registered
751 Posts
is it only on one side or am i just dumb??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes it is only on one side, i understand that there is another location for it but i do not like the "looks" of a dual rear fog light, ie A6. That looks more like a broken brake light. Single rear fog light looks "right" to me, it is the way it was on my boxster S and S4.

the stock location is blocked out so i purchased a bulb holder from auto store, cut it into the stock location run the wire from trunk to a switch to a relay to turn on w/ front fogs. it is not pretty what i did to insert a bulb to the socket, but it works :)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Wait, so only one light is supposed to be on in a rear fog light???? :lmao::lmao::lmao: I've seen a hundred Audi's like this and I thought they all had some sort of malfunction :banghead: :banghead: That's too funny. Everytime I saw one I was like, hmmm, why don't they do a recall :confused:

What are they(it) for?? So people can see you from the back in the fog? I've never heard of such a thing.

Chip-

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i believe the reason of the rear fog light is for passing only in the fog. when you change into the left lane in dark/fog you want that 911 turbo coming behind you at 150 mph be able to see you :)

·
Registered
874 Posts
The rear fog light is SUPPOSED to be single and is SUPPOSED to be brighter than the rest, but again, only used in...<gasp> FOG! I don't know about the rest of you, but i'd WANT people to see me in the fog! (My A4 had a single rear fog light)

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
BAVARIAN323i said:
Everyone is doing this mod....I am not seeing the point....except to make our cars more european?:dunno:
try to see the point the next time u are driving in heavy fog, and you find yourself slamming on the brakes to keep from hitting the Domestic car that happened to slow in front of you...

-brendan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts