E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm still a proud owner of an E46. But I wanted a toy besides my Subaru and my 323 daily driver wasn't going to be victim haha. Yesterday I bought a 1994 325i and saved it from the scrapyard. Crazy high miles but in crazy good condition. No rot (big thing here in New England) and everything works! Does anyone here have any suggestions as to where I should start on this build. A good e36 forum? Maybe someone here has been building an e36 Frankenstein of their own and has some suggestions?!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
A lot of E46's owners came from the E36 (and some have even gone back) so if you have any particular questions there are plenty of guys around here that can most likely help you. There is a large group of E36 owners over on bimmerforums so you can check that out too. Good luck.

·
Registered
52 Posts
heh... I just bought an e36... as an interim car while I look for my "holy grail" e46 touring that seems to be made out of a special BMW metal called unobtainium.

bf has a ton of info as well as a few other e36 forums. Google is your friend. They are easy and not bad cars at all. IMO they are heavier than the e30 but not much faster. Better suspension design so a decent e36 compared to a decent e30 the e36 will win out. Compared to an e46 it's totally different.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know what you mean about being different than an e46. Driving around in the e36 I feel like I'm back in the nineties haha. Good luck trying to find that unobtaimiam. I heard there's a company out there called solyndra that claims to have a line on a cheaper way to make it. Big government loan involved and everything.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.