E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the modder that has everything this is listed in the new bmw accessories catalog

51 16 0 028 300 w/ rain sensor
51 16 0 028 301 w/ rain sensor and alarm system

list price is $295 for each

prolly about $220ish from cutter or pacific

·
Registered
160 Posts
hmm...just what i've been looking for. I was always suprised that there was no compass in the car. would love to see a pic...

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
5,754 Posts
jAb said:
for the modder that has everything this is listed in the new bmw accessories catalog

51 16 0 028 300 w/ rain sensor
51 16 0 028 301 w/ rain sensor and alarm system

list price is $295 for each

prolly about $220ish from cutter or pacific
What if my car isn't equipped with the Rain Sensor? My car does have the auto-dimming mirror though...

-B

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
according to the catalog it is not available with auto dim
as for the rain sensor it doesnt matter if you already have it or not... you can still use the mirror... i dont know if the car is pre-wired for the sensor. if it is then you could prolly get it to work as well

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,773 Posts
yeah

·
+ M-Tech part.2 +
483 Posts
Only if it was M3 style...:banghead:

·
Groccery Getter
900 Posts
jAb said:
here's a quick out of focus pic :smile:

New to here:yikes: I have the German Accessory catalog from 2001 and it's been available there for a while.:thumbup: Not feeling it though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd love to get my hands on an auto-dimming, rain sensing, built in compass mirror :D . But figuring out how to hook it up in my non PP car might not be easy :) .

Does the compass need anything more than power?

-Cyberhide

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,218 Posts
So its auto-dimming and has a compass built in? Then that's worth the $200+ price tag...

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Both part numbers are with auto dimming.

There is a wiring loom but I don't know if it's needed or not especially since you have the compass. The number is 51 16 0 001 231

srcstc said:
Doesn't the one pictured have Auto-Dim (the little dot in the top center, isn't that the auto-dim sensor)?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts