BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have a sound coming from under my car that sounds like a washing machine at a distance. Its a low sound but loud enough to be heard inside and outside the car. It sounds like when the washing machine is draining. It almost sounded like water in my exhaust being moved around as the exhaust air moved over it.

My other BMW special sounds:

Interior creeks, MPG gauge grinding noise, HK rattle now fixed and replaced by radio popping noises, a BMW tech special fix! Body flexing noises. Engine airpump buzzing, gurgling noise in the airconditioner blower like a pipe is loose so in addition to the loud fan blowing I get a additional listening pleasure noise. The emergency brake sit in the car squeak. The brakes squeak when you get in the car with the e-brake on. Makes people around you think you have a crappy suspension.

Oh forgot the closing and opening noises of the ducts behind the dash. Also the cluster fan noise.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
KevinJ_2k1_325ci said:
The brakes squeak when you get in the car with the e-brake on. Makes people around you think you have a crappy suspension.

mine too :mad:

·
Registered
270 Posts
BMW, The Ultimate Squeaking Machine.

·
'a certain moderator'
35,572 Posts
i am gonna take my car to the dealer, tell them "i want you to listen for, and resolve ANY rattle that you might hear, INCLUDING the HK rattle"

or maybe i will take my service advisor for a drive and point out each of the things i need resolved, there are a couple. it wouldnt bother me, because i listen to loud music, but then againm, my loud music rattles too, so i cant escape them!!

-brendan

·
Registered
331 Posts
u'll tell them the problem.. and when u pick up the car u'll see that "no problem has been found"..

i just gave up on the rattles... -_-

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah this is usually the case

I dropped off a laundry list and almost all came back as no problem found or see item number blah blah which had nothing to do with the problem.

boynix said:
u'll tell them the problem.. and when u pick up the car u'll see that "no problem has been found"..

i just gave up on the rattles... -_-

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 1999 328iA sedan is as quiet as a coffin with 97,000 miles on it. Maybe the newer ones are not up to par?

·
E46-free since 10-13-06
5,325 Posts
or maybe i will take my service advisor for a drive and point out each of the things i need resolved,
I did just that last week. By the time I left the dealer, there was a long list of squeaks and things that needed attention. I figured they would just spray some WD40 and blow me off on the rest of the stuff.

Instead, they actually fixed each and every item on the list. Except my coupe door seal, which has been on backorder since Sept. 20 and looks like it will be on backorder until it's damn good and ready to come in. Oh well. My car just hit 45k miles so I took it in before the end of the warranty. I was amazed they fixed everything, the car is as good as new again.

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,322 Posts
yea i hate a the lil noises. it takes the zen driving feeling of our cars and throws it out the window. i had take the hex screws out the doors and tighten them coupla times to eliminate noise and rattling

·
mod bug resistant
617 Posts
KevinJ_2k1_325ci said:
I now have a sound coming from under my car that sounds like a washing machine at a distance. Its a low sound but loud enough to be heard inside and outside the car. It sounds like when the washing machine is draining. It almost sounded like water in my exhaust being moved around as the exhaust air moved over it.

How did you deal with this? It sounds like I have the same problem. Please let me know.

·
Registered
191 Posts
yup got that same machine noise!

it's like a sound of air being let out or something.

anyone talk to a dealer bout it?

what they say??

·
Registered
317 Posts
your dealer should be able (and willing) to fix these rattles. I've had a couple small rattles and had them fixed while my car was in for other repairs. Helps to know where the noise is coming from specifically because if you can't find it, the dealer might not be able to either!

I have a NEW rattle that is VERY loug and annoying. It sounds like it's coming from the sunroof, but I haven't been able to figure out what's rattling yet. Anyone else have rattles up there?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL, I took it to Arlington before, they are the ones....

that messed up my HK. So I must have got one of the lame ones. You know what they did to fix my HK sqeak? They stuffed huge cubes of insulation in the air ports so my HK sounded like a $100 radio shack Kraco system.

Is there someone you can recommend.

BGReddy00 said:
take it to BMW of Arlington they are right in crystal city...the people there are awesome

1 - 20 of 33 Posts