BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Addicted to Autocross
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been awhile since I've last modded, but really, it never ends. Here are some quick pics of my early Christmas presents:

Hamann Evo Knob (Manual knob on my Steptronic)

Much better than my old OEM Matt-Chrome Knob

17 x 8.5" Lightweight SSR Competition Wheels (15lbs) For Autocross/Track
I still have my 18" Hamann PGIIs of course for the street, but man - what a difference in weight. Those Hamanns + Tires are HEAVY! I'm going to run some acceleration tests with my G-Tech Pro to see how much of a difference they make.

HIOP Limited Slip Differential Worm Gear
NOTE: I emailed Samir on this part, as it doesn't look new nor does it look exactly like the picture I saw. Neverthless, He VERY quickly responded and has forwarded my concerns to HIOP and offered a refund if I wasn't satisfied. Samir has a very high reputation, and I have had EXCELLENT service so far. I'm going to wait for further information since I'm not in a rush to install it.

What next? Hmmm, I AM considering the Technik Power Kits...

·
mi casa @ technik
6,570 Posts
Shinobi said:
Its been awhile since I've last modded, but really, it never ends. Here are some quick pics of my early Christmas presents:

Hamann Evo Knob (Manual knob on my Steptronic)

Much better than my old OEM Matt-Chrome Knob

17 x 8.5" Lightweight SSR Competition Wheels (15lbs) For Autocross/Track
I still have my 18" Hamann PGIIs of course for the street, but man - what a difference in weight. Those Hamanns + Tires are HEAVY! I'm going to run some acceleration tests with my G-Tech Pro to see how much of a difference they make.

HIOP Limited Slip Differential Worm Gear
NOTE: I emailed Samir on this part, as it doesn't look new nor does it look exactly like the picture I saw. Neverthless, He VERY quickly responded and has forwarded my concerns to HIOP and offered a refund if I wasn't satisfied. Samir has a very high reputation, and I have had EXCELLENT service so far. I'm going to wait for further information since I'm not in a rush to install it.

What next? Hmmm, I AM considering the Technik Power Kits...
nice choice on the wheels shinobi!! make sure you becareful going around the track with those!!

and the technik power kits is a great choice:thumbup: i'm loving mine!!:D
Jesse

P.S. how come you don't post any track or auto x events anymore??

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Man...buddy...

Ur insane...that's alot of cool mods...and by the way, I like where u put your z8 start button. I'm still figuring out where to put mine...

·
Addicted to Autocross
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: New Mods - Shift Knob, Wheels and LSD!

xS3x said:

P.S. how come you don't post any track or auto x events anymore??
Cause nobody ever goes...

Yea, I'm thinking of going all the way with the Technik Stage 3 Power Kit. I've heard that the Steptronic tranny can't handle the power (over 300HP) from the ESS Supercharger. I'll check with Samir on this.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Re: Re: Re: New Mods - Shift Knob, Wheels and LSD!

What da ya mean no body goes??? I finished my third Buttonwillow event already! :D Email me sometime, I've got a bit of surprise event for you. :thumbup:

Shinobi said:

Yea, I'm thinking of going all the way with the Technik Stage 3 Power Kit. I've heard that the Steptronic tranny can't handle the power (over 300HP) from the ESS Supercharger. I'll check with Samir on this.

·
mi casa @ technik
6,570 Posts
Re: Re: Re: New Mods - Shift Knob, Wheels and LSD!

Shinobi said:

I go!!:thumbup: wouldn't hurt to post it anyways right?:dunno:
i've always wanted to check out your car and learn a few pointers from you!:D

bwt, if you search for Nick330Ci, you'll find he has the te***** stage 3 power kit at 300hp!

1L/100HP !!:bow:

·
mi casa @ technik
6,570 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: New Mods - Shift Knob, Wheels and LSD!

VinceTopazBlau325i said:
What da ya mean no body goes??? I finished my third Buttonwillow event already! :D Email me sometime, I've got a bit of surprise event for you. :thumbup:

e-mail me too!:thumbup:

we should start a yahoogroup with reminders of button willow events:D

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Re: Man...buddy...

ssutisna said:
Ur insane...that's alot of cool mods...and by the way, I like where u put your z8 start button. I'm still figuring out where to put mine...
Steve-
Put in where the cig. lighter is......Thats where Im puttin mine:thumbup:

·
Registered
377 Posts
hey doesnt the step have a button for u to press when shifting? if its a manual knob how does that work? did u have to cut a hole or something

·
Addicted to Autocross
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
flagman5 said:
hey doesnt the step have a button for u to press when shifting? if its a manual knob how does that work? did u have to cut a hole or something
The shift knob works fine without the button. No modifications necessary. You still have to depress the brake to shift out of Park.

·
Registered
377 Posts
so that button u press when shifting is totally useless? only put for ppl to feel safe or something...heh

1 - 20 of 20 Posts