E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
modder fokker
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
some information:

This year i entered a special competion for sound qualety in the Netherlands. It was a official EMMA competition. These people judge for sound qualety and the way you bult your installation.

I have fairly good points for sound qualety but on the installation side they said that the cable runing from my oem battery to the rear new battery i put in was not safe. If this red cable would be hurt by something the car could burn out in flames.

So now i put in a securety device off 1OO ampere (the black box under the strut bar on the right side). I also added a volt and amps meter (part nr 3) to now know how much power is left in the rear battery. This rear battery is hidden under the ice instal so i can not c it or acces it.

This volt and amp meter (part nr3) uses up power. So i installed it in a way it only gives readings when i push the little red button (part nr1) When i push button nr 1 the volt and amp meter gives a reading. When i dont push it it does not give a reading and does not use up power.

The connection between battery 1 oem and the optima yellow top battery is cut with a power relais (part nr2) or isolator as you guys call it in the usa. The second battery only receives power from the alternator when the engine is running. SO i can always start the car with the oem battery in case the second battery is dead.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,959 Posts
very nice thinking

you covered your self at each end. now you don't have a excuse when you go out with your wife to say the car won't start to neck.
lolllllllllllll just kiding with you. but you came up with one sweet idea to always check on your 2 battary.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
modder fokker
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
e

yes thanks :)

Before i could check to second battery to on the voodoo show capacitor i installad in trunk. This voodoo capacitor has a display that reads volts when i runs. But this show display only gives a reading when i use a lot of power for example when the woofer is hitting hard. So it was not very practical. I had to power up the car, i had to realy turn the volume up loud so the sub would hit and then i could get a reading. But of course in the proces of doing this i used up power so i could realy not compare it to a previous state of power.

This way i much better.

·
modder fokker
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
e

picture of the 1OO ampere securety device. Its one used for big trucks because 1OO amps is a lot for a car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts