BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Flex UK Style
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably been asked about a million times already but here goes

I recently bought an Xbox, I now want to put my existing PS2 in my car. I have NEVER looked into doing anything like this before so any advice appreciated.

Where do I start? I know I need a screen(s), and some kind of power converter. But what else. Ideally, I'd like to keep my stock CD headunit and get sun-visor monitors. I have a convertible, will this be possible?

Where have people who have done this mod mounted the actual PS2. My initial thought are Glovebox, but I haven't really thought it through.

Are visor screens a good thing or do you think it would be better to change the head unit to a pop out in-dash type thing?

What other questions do I need answering? Has anyone here done a console install? If so, post pics.

Thanks in advance

·
Doesn't like PMs...Email me
2,785 Posts
Look at my sig where I've got a monitor.
Drop a power inverter under your seat to power both if you'd like. Tap the power off the cig ligheter (you're gunna lose it NE wayz). Visor monitors will be too small to really play anything. My xbox/ps2 are in the trunk.

·
Flex UK Style
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cynical, thanks for that info. The only thing I'm concerned about there is the screen position. Where the bottom of the screen is I have the roof up/down functions, and DSC. I see you've got a button in front of the handbrake well, did you relocate your DSC/ASC there?

Your's is an awesome setup for sure!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts