BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i've just sold my beloved e36 325 Alpina replic pics can be seen here

http://www.cardomain.com/id/alpinab3

and i'm now looking for an e46 328ci to get my teeth into. Just a few questions guys. Where can i buy an induction kit from i'd like one like i had my my e36 (PAR) with heatsheild. I don't mind odering from the US as the UK doesn't seem to have any decent stuff for the e46. I'm well clued up to what to look out for when buying an E36 however i'm a virgin to the e46 any things that i should look out for?

I'm gonna order the lowering springs (eibach) and on the lookout for some 19" alloys what size and offset will i need. The drop won't be a lot -15 at the rear and 30 at the front.

sorry about all the questions but as k the guys at www.e36coupe.com what i'm like i always talk to much.

As you can see from my previous car i had stainless steel covers made fo rthe engine and am in the process of getting some done for the e46 any of guys interested?

Hopefully you guys will be able to help me out with my modding. Pixs will be up as soon as i buy my beast. :thumbup:

·
needs a new sig...
4,820 Posts
ECIS intake is the only one wiht a heatsheild but the Benfer CAI is better in my opinion..... Eibach springs are pretty good but i would replace the shocks at the same time..a "second hand" 328ci wit loads of miles probally has shocks that arent that great anymore..i run 19 inch alloys 8.5 inches wide with a 235 tire all around +40 offset with no issues..i hope this helps

·
name's PHIL
6,087 Posts
UKwestside said:

I'm gonna order the lowering springs (eibach) and on the lookout for some 19" alloys what size and offset will i need. The drop won't be a lot -15 at the rear and 30 at the front.

well who ever u order the wheels from, they'll give u the right offset..........the coupe peeps usually go with

1/ 19x8.5" all around if u want to be safe and not rub
2/ 19 x 8.5 in the front and 9.5 or 10.0 in the rear, w/ fender rolling ofcourse and maybe slight rubbing if peeps sit in the back seat.........u wanna play it safe, go with 8.5 all around:thumbup:

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
welcome aboard nice to have you with us

i will be looking foward to your comments in the forums.
have fun and injoy your self.
bobm3 :hi: :hi:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the car has covered 33k so i might replace the shocks i am looking at blistein dampers all round just to be on the safe side, i know the e36 had probelms with the rear top mounts is the e46 the same if so i'll change them when i whip the rear shocks out. i think 8.5 * 19 seems to be the safest bet. thanks for you comments on the induction kit where can i buy the from in the states and do they do del to the uk. Most of the UK companies can't seem to get hold of the induction kit strange or what.

HAs anyone go instructions on removing the dials so thati can also fot the chrome rings? i've done a e36 no probelms but not a e46 sorry for all the questions :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts