E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Member.....Please help need some advice

Hi I'm new to the board, well at least as a member. I've been surfing on here for quite some time now and finally decided to get a new car. I was thinking about getting a brand new M but it's just way out of my budget. So my dilemma is whether to get a used 2002 m or a used 330ci. I know that alot of you are probably wondering why the dilemma but it's a big price difference and i'm not sure what to do. Should i get the m'er and pay more $$ or go for the ci and use the rest of the money to buy something special for my girlfriend. See that's another factor, she recently moved down to FL and i miss her more than anything...was thinkin about asking her the big ? what should i do???? CI and possibly wife or M3? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully she doesn't ever see this.:dunno:

·
Nymphomaniac
264 Posts
If you can afford the M3 then go for it.

As for me I would pop the question, take that money and save up for a house, but thats just me.

·
Banned
0 Posts
whats the debate get the m, u never know what can happen w/ yr relationship, not to mention the $ always comes and goes so enjoy it, oh i guess that works for women too!!!!!!!!!!lol

·
TiAg 330i
544 Posts
she already have or soon will control your money... ;) keep it mind getting an M will cost more in insurance, just a thought

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We've been together for 5 years now and been through hell and back but i love the girl. I know she'll make me happy. I'm still doing some shopping as far as the car goes and maybe i'll do a little ring shopping too then. Thanks for your advice. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Don't foget to figure sales tax/other charges and especially insurance into your decision. If it stretches you near your limit make sure u have enough to cover insurance if you get the M3. As much as I'd love to have an M3 it would be worth being more financially sound to me to get the 330.

As far as your girlfriend is concened. Don't go asking her to marry you just because you miss her. Is it realistic? Will you two be living near each other again in the future? Only make that step when both you and her are ready to do so, not because she has moved away.

Oh, and welcome :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
If your thinkin about popping the big Q and getting a house, FORGET the M and don't listen to these messed-up-priority wankers. :) j/k guys. Get the 330 for sure. As long as your not a race-a-holic, you will LOVE the 330 I'm sure.

Bart

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I forgot to tell you that i will be moving down to FL also. She went first because of her job. I've been thinking about marriage for awhile now and i just want to make a smart and good decision. I'm planning on proposing to her after i move down to FL in the next couple weeks and after i've settled in of course. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Make sure u are ready 4 that jump it's not easy.....take it from me in it for {9y},,,,,but if u can get the M3 or the 330ci and get a nice ''RING" and "DOWN PAY" 4 a house to put in the BIMM............ GOOD LOUCK!!!!!!!

·
Banned
0 Posts
wait see how it goes .new places, jobs etc. people change when surronding change, i'm still dealing w/ legal stuff from x fiance, we werent even married and you need lawyer papers etc, seperation agreements, see can still sue for support, not evn married......

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
You're kidding right? Canada must have some crazy laws. A proposal is not a legally binding agreement in the US. Until you sign those papers to make the marrage official anything goes. Even then you can get it annulled during the 1st week or two and it's like it never happened.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Nothing can return the love as much as an M j/k
I am in a similar predicament.
Got the house taken care of, thinking about marriage, but also need a new car.
As far as cars go, the M is what I want.
Just not sure if the insurance is going to be "realistic" since I'm 23.
If your considering getting a house, forget the M.
Building equity is where its at in the long run.
I understand your situation, I love the M almost as much as my g/f.
I might just drive a beater and buy a couple rental properties instead.
Good luck, I'm interested in seeing which way you go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've checked out insurance quotes and it's a little too high for me. I don't have any tickets or at fault accidents but it's still high. I love my girlfriend very much also "bee0818" but also have mad love for the M. If I was faced with this decision a couple years ago, no question i would get the M. Good women are hard to find these days so wish me luck!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts