BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I was reading through a number of the posts and was pleasantly surprised to see how helpful the members on this list are. I am hoping that some of you will be able to help me out on two fronts.

1. Someone hit my car while it was parked and took off, resulting in a noticeable ding on the bumper. Can you recommend a body shop in the boston/cambridge area? From gleaning the lists earlier, I came across the following:
- Glenville Terrace Auto Body (Allston)
- Bacon Street Auto (Waltham)
- Sansossio Auto Body (Natick)
- New Boulds Auto Body

If some has a had a great or poor experience with the above please let me know so I can pick one or any other that you suggest.

2. I also need a mechanic recommendation. My coolant light comes on and the steering used to creak quite noticeably while the car was cold. I took my car for an estimate to a mechanic who told me that the pump and a part at the base of the power steering mechanism had to be replaced and quoted me $2300. It seemed like a lot. I would like a second recommendation and would really appreciate one from the folks on this list.

I drive a 2000 328i.

Thanks for your time and help!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi

I was reading through a number of the posts and was pleasantly surprised to see how helpful the members on this list are. I am hoping that some of you will be able to help me out on two fronts.

1. Someone hit my car while it was parked and took off, resulting in a noticeable ding on the bumper. Can you recommend a body shop in the boston/cambridge area? From gleaning the lists earlier, I came across the following:
- Glenville Terrace Auto Body (Allston)
- Bacon Street Auto (Waltham)
- Sansossio Auto Body (Natick)
- New Boulds Auto Body

If some has a had a great or poor experience with the above please let me know so I can pick one or any other that you suggest.

2. I also need a mechanic recommendation. My coolant light comes on and the steering used to creak quite noticeably while the car was cold. I took my car for an estimate to a mechanic who told me that the pump and a part at the base of the power steering mechanism had to be replaced and quoted me $2300. It seemed like a lot. I would like a second recommendation and would really appreciate one from the folks on this list.

I drive a 2000 328i.

Thanks for your time and help!

First of all welcome to the forums! I really can't give you any information for question number one, but if I had to give a recommendation for a mechanic it would be Dave (dave96dcm). If I didn't repair my own cars he would certainly be the first on the list, he's located near Worcester but well worth the drive (plus he's just a great all round guy!) I'm sure that other members will chime in and concur, from fender rolling to custom exhaust work Dave is more than capable.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
+1 for Dave. He does the work on my car. He'll be rolling my fenders and more next week. :thumbsup: I've also used the Bavarian Performance Group and they're great, too. I got an alignment done there. Very clean new shop.

·
It ain't cheap to be cool.
4,097 Posts
Thanks guys, PM replied.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts