E46 Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Member- Got A Few Q's For All Of You...

3K views 56 replies 28 participants last post by  UltimateOne 
#1 ·
First off I just wanna say whats up. This is a great board from the looks of it and i hope that you guys can help me out some with my questions. Ill try to be of osme help too, but im not sure of how much because im just getting into bimmers.

Right now i am 14, i will be 15 in aug. iw ant the car for my b day! I have decided that i want an 03 carbon black over black M3. As for options I want the premium package, the bi xenons, and the HK sound system. I want it in 6 speed. Once I get the car i will probably be adding the following: 19" SSR gt3 wheels wrapped in most likely pilot sports, H&R coil overs, ACS carbon front spoiler, titanium Eisenhaus exhaust (Meisterschaft Ti), 8 peice carbon interior package, alum. pedals, and some sort of aftermarket shift knob and handbrake (most likely momo).

So here come the q's...
1) what would be my best bet for rim and tire size? also, are the pilot sports the tires i shoudl go with? i live in Long island and this will be an everyday driver.
2) I know i want the car lowered a bit, so would the H&R coil overs be the best way to go for the money? if not, what is?
3) i have heard the HK system isnt quite up to par especially when it ocems ot bass. is it worth it to just get the HK and add an amp and sub to the system? if so, which amp and sub? also if it isnt worth it for the hk (listent to rap so bass is a must) what would be a good set up for me to get? i know nothing about audio, so a simple list of what i would need for a nicce systme would be great.

sorry about all the q's, i just need to make sure what i want is gunna be good for me before my dad drops 55k+ on a bimmer for a first car.
Thanks in advance
-Nick

See less See more
#5 ·
N_moto17 said:
First off I just wanna say whats up. This is a great board from the looks of it and i hope that you guys can help me out some with my questions. Ill try to be of osme help too, but im not sure of how much because im just getting into bimmers.

Right now i am 14, i will be 15 in aug. iw ant the car for my b day! I have decided that i want an 03 carbon black over black M3. As for options I want the premium package, the bi xenons, and the HK sound system. I want it in 6 speed. Once I get the car i will probably be adding the following: 19" SSR gt3 wheels wrapped in most likely pilot sports, H&R coil overs, ACS carbon front spoiler, titanium Eisenhaus exhaust (Meisterschaft Ti), 8 peice carbon interior package, alum. pedals, and some sort of aftermarket shift knob and handbrake (most likely momo).

So here come the q's...
1) what would be my best bet for rim and tire size? also, are the pilot sports the tires i shoudl go with? i live in Long island and this will be an everyday driver.
2) I know i want the car lowered a bit, so would the H&R coil overs be the best way to go for the money? if not, what is?
3) i have heard the HK system isnt quite up to par especially when it ocems ot bass. is it worth it to just get the HK and add an amp and sub to the system? if so, which amp and sub? also if it isnt worth it for the hk (listent to rap so bass is a must) what would be a good set up for me to get? i know nothing about audio, so a simple list of what i would need for a nicce systme would be great.

sorry about all the q's, i just need to make sure what i want is gunna be good for me before my dad drops 55k+ on a bimmer for a first car.
Thanks in advance
-Nick
u have to be on crack if u think u can handle an M3 at 15:bow:

#7 ·
don't worry bout' it right now....cuz by the time you are able to drive a bmw... a new e56 super coupe will be available..:D
so don't stress it now :thumbup: geez when i was your age.... a lowered civic hatchback was the car of my dream..... kids these dayz;) but welcome to the board jr.

#12 ·
for everyone that offered adivce..thank you. I appreciate you helping out a fellow enthusiast. but for everyone else who is trying to convince to get a different car, seriosuly, dont bother, i WANT an M3. I am 14 and considering I can drive my dads 02 Porsche turbo fine, i dont think the M3 will be too much of a problem for me. I live in NY, so no i can't drive the car yet. I plan on getting the car for my birthday this summer or next christmas and while i have the car then, start installing the mods myself and really learning how to drive the car. It will be my project untill the day i can legally drive. And yea, since about last week all i have been doign is finding stuff for the car. It just really pisses me off when people say to get a crap car or to leave it alone. im niot aksign whether i should mod it or not. It seems like you people that post stuff like this are jealous and you dont want me to have a better car then you. If that is your intention, well, thats just stupid. My dad will be paying for the car but I will pay for my mods, the insurance, and the gas. The only reason I am getting a bimmer as a first car is becaus ei have been doing really well in school. WOW. i had to get all that off, i feel better now
Peace
-nick

#16 ·
Dude, chill! As much as i would like to see another Bimmer out on the street, I don't want to see a wrecked one. Thats alot of power for anyone, besides drive your dads car first, then after your first accident (which we all have after getting our DL) then get the bimmer. Good Luck!

Attachments

#17 ·
[have been doign is finding stuff for the car. It just really pisses me off when people say to get a crap car or to leave it alone. im niot aksign whether i should mod it or not. It seems like you people that post stuff like this are jealous and you dont want me to have a better car then you. If that is your intention, well, thats just stupid. My dad will be paying for the car but I will pay for my mods, the insurance, and the gas. The only reason I am getting a bimmer as a first car is becaus ei have been doing really well in school. WOW. i had to get all that off, i feel better now
Peace
-nick [/B][/QUOTE]

wow...nobody here is jealous of u...first of all,, most ppl here working hard to get the car and doing what they think is worth of doing,and if u dont like their opionion just leave at there,,personally i think u really need a driver course to start with..lollll :thumbup:

#20 ·
Atldavazn said:
well you can do whatever you want man, its your money. well maybe your dad. but i dont like the idea that you clearly stated that you are 14. plainly you were trying to brag not ask for help
i totally agree what u said atl.....and again...nobody will jealous if u have better car or mods,,,caz first of all,,, its not ur money and nobody is care if u r 14 or 65 caz its no big deal telling ppl that...

#22 ·
im trying to brag? ok buddy. i didnt think it would be a big deal to tell you how old i am. the only reason why i told all of u i was 14, was to let you know my time frame in when i am getting the car. nothing mroe than that. i didnt say all of you were jealous, i didnt mean any of you were jealous either. all im saying is why would all of you who said something about me not getting the m3 sya anyhting at all? your worried about me getting in an accident? thats a lame cover up. just because ur bimmer wasnt ur first car, who r u to say that it shouldnt be mine? i understand this is a forum, and i relaize opinions are what make up the forum, BUT...if you are going to say something like "hold off on the m3 for a few years so you dont get in an accident" please come up with somethign better than that. look, im not trying to start anything with anyone. all im saying is back up what ur saying.

#24 ·
I'll back up what I am saying. here is a pic of my first ride. not to mention 2 years of physical therapy. At 14 I know I wouldn't of been able to handle an M3, look what I did to my Jetta. Tell me your getting a Lamborghini then I might be jealous. Good Luck.

Attachments

#26 ·
lol....haa...damn thats some serious crash man..
thx god u r fine...
yes...we r not saying u cant buy a m3 or hold to it...its not our money so ..haha....and ya..if u have something like m3 gtr or someother stuff like ferrari now, i will really jealous!!!!!Lol....
my best bet is bagging ur dad for a lamboghini...lolll...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.