E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After chasing many issues, all new coolant system, new coils and plugs. Checked vac. Leaks and clean the ICV. There was no doubt the MAF need replaced. After replacing the MAF my 2003 325i ran like a new car, until it goes into limp/safe mode, which was a new issue. It has been throwing a p1500 code, it's says the ICV is stuck open. That code seems pretty specific, tho some O2 lean codes come up, too. Should I go ahead and replace the ICV. Or is the new MAF bad?

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
If you didn't put a high quality MAF on then go back and put the original one back on. Your lean codes are not likely the problem of the MAF though. Vacuum leaks and a fuel pump are suspect, assuming you have changed your plugs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Maf

I admit I went with the Amazon maf, with that said i did replace the plugs and tho it did have an improvement, the idle loped badly, with the new Maf I have no miss or loping, just the safe mode kicking in. If I push the car hard it will not go into safe mode unless regular town driving, also, I reved the car up quickly and it has a hard time going to regular idle it will go nearly dead, tho one time it did go dead. Does that show the valve is sticking and can't set down to idle after raising the rpm's and letting off the gas? Also I did reset the ecu, too...

·
Registered
11,512 Posts
Your "old" MAF's electrical contact may be loose. The MAF is the most reliable part under the hood. Is the new MAF made by Siemens or so other company?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your "old" MAF's electrical contact may be loose. The MAF is the most reliable part under the hood. Is the new MAF made by Siemens or so other company?
New MAF is Orion I think, I'm going to return it and get the Siemens. I do have a small leak in the manifold, my car is suddenly going dead now too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did forget one thing My outside temp reading is way off. This happened at the same Tim with the limp mode, does this indicate the MAF is an issue as well? As above I will be returning it for a Siemens...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts