BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys;

Been away awhile...doing the RS4 thing for now.

Anyway, I produce this weekly online show and we just finished cutting an M3 review video. I figured there'd be no better place to get suggestions and critiques on the structure and format of this show than in the BMW community, so here it is.

Keep a couple of things in mind:
Due to budgets, we have a scant 4 hours with the car, which means we're confined to local roads and no race tracks. Also keep in mind that many car owners are, for lack of a better term, wimps about driving their cars even remotely aggressively.

Last but not least, keep in mind that we ARE looking for highly modded 2005-up BMW's for future episodes.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Episode-12-Culture-Clash_169241.htm

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
pretty cool video. Commentary is well done, girl's attractive, but it's a little disorganized I felt. Plus we really didn't get an overall rating on the car from the "test driver" other than 2 thumbs up.

Constructive criticism, at least have the girl sit down in front of the camera and say this is what she liked/this is what she didn't like.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,336 Posts
Big problem with the incorrect labeling of the new Dual Clutch transmission as a revised version of SMG in which it is not. BMW has taken the time to label it an entirely different name due to its more advanced technology and increased ease of use for drivers.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Interesting show concept. The rolling shots of the car didn't seem as bad as you prefaced them to be. Considering your most likely niche viewer, this seems like a hit although I would have personally liked to see a tad bit more of the car's features. HUD, SMG, maybe some iDrive screen shots. Maybe some more interior stuff. But, everyone has opinions right?

How's Ladera these days? Heard foreclosures are up to 40% in some parts recently. :yikes:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Big problem with the incorrect labeling of the new Dual Clutch transmission as a revised version of SMG in which it is not. BMW has taken the time to label it an entirely different name due to its more advanced technology and increased ease of use for drivers.
I'm well aware, but people are still accustomed to hearing "SMG". Despite their new label, the user interface and feel of it is still the same as my E46 M3 was. I could hardly tell any difference.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting show concept. The rolling shots of the car didn't seem as bad as you prefaced them to be. Considering your most likely niche viewer, this seems like a hit although I would have personally liked to see a tad bit more of the car's features. HUD, SMG, maybe some iDrive screen shots. Maybe some more interior stuff. But, everyone has opinions right?

How's Ladera these days? Heard foreclosures are up to 40% in some parts recently. :yikes:
Not my show concept, I'm just producing and running it for my client. Ladera is fine, but the "new" generation of people moving in are just not the same as the original homeowners. Houses are sitting on the market for two months or more and property has dropped some 20% from peak highs, roughly. Still a great place to live, but looking forward to new US leadership.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts