BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I was doing some research for my new car, ran across E46 Fanatics, and thought you guys could help me out . . .

I just got a new 2003 M3 (SMG) and I am dying to modify it - I just don't know what I should do!

I have been poring over the message boards here for the last two days and I am still bewildered at all the stuff out there . . .

Should I stick to one brand (I contacted Hamann and Dinan and am waiting to hear back), or mix and match??

What it boils down to is this - I want to be able to smoke just about everything else out there and am ready to spend $10-$12K to do so . . .

suggestions anyone?

p.s. I promise to post pics next week, I left my car at my parents house in San Diego and dad is driving it up then!

:dunno:

·
Network Analyst
3,469 Posts
Most people would recomend getting an intake, exhaust and any available software modifications. Those are usually staple mods.

For intakes lots of people like either Dinan or Gruppe M. For exhausts lots of people like the UUC TSE exhaust (www.uucmotorwerks.com). But, I don't think UUC has an exhaust for the M3 since it has four pipes and 3ers have two.

dave

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
hmm...I'm not sure how much it costs...but Nowack has an N/A tuning package that turns the M3 into a 400 hp beast...
G-Power also has a SC kit stg 1 and stg 2....varying HP increases.

·
Registered
218 Posts
for exhaust (since money isn't really a factor here) go for the Eisenmann Titanium Exhaust ... it's :pimpin: ~!!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
M3girl said:
What it boils down to is this - I want to be able to smoke just about everything else out there and am ready to spend $10-$12K to do so
There's not really much out yet that will add significant hp. Dinan has a computer upgrade. Most exhausts will add only a few hp. Someone has an intake. None of this will add up to squat. If you are really willng to spend that kind of money, wait till Dinan comes up w/something like they did for the M5. If I remember right, they took it from 395 to 470 hp. Now that's significant.!

·
Registered
198 Posts
PIMP

get an Sc but i dont know how long you want your car for , i would go with dinan if its a new car , and get some nice titanium Exaust ...

1 think i know you will hold your own vs alot of stuff other than the really high end cars, ex GT2 and stuff like that

you have an m3 .. its pimp . bottom line

best of luck
-mike

·
Registered
740 Posts
RMS tuning has stage 1 and 2 sc

here's a pic for pricing

Attachments

·
Registered
769 Posts
look at the poster SN : M3Girl, ...wondering, ARE YOU A GIRL??? post ur car and you pics here

·
Banned
1,137 Posts
Hello M3Girl...
S4play and I can help you out..we're out in the bay area (s.bay-Fremont) and we always get together. We happen to know 2 other chicks in the Bay Area w/M3s (M3chic and M3Gurl) and we've helped them install parts (Eisenman Ti. Exhaust, Hamann Front Spoiler, wheels, etc)
But anyways, a good reliable list of mods for your car
Eisenman Titanium Exhaust - $2400 (a 30lbs savings)
Gruppe M Intake - $1200 (12-15 hp increase)
KW Ver. 2 Coilovers - $1500
I think these are must haves =) I wished I had the money.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the replies so far everyone . . . I just emailed RMS for prices and more info and am anxiuously waiting to hear from Dinan about the wait for some real M3 mods!

I must admit that I am sort of drooling over the idea of that 503hp Stage 2 RMS . . . I may have to seriously consider that one :)

To answer some of your questions - Emeryville is in the Bay area (East Bay just at the entrance to the Bay Bridge to be exact) and yes, I AM A GIRL! :)

I know I am not exactly the norm, but I know fast cars and I find no greater pleasure than seeing the look on men's faces when I smoke their asses in my M3 :)

This is actually my second M3 - the first was a red/black 1995 E36 that I have had since I was 16 (a few mods, power chip, exhaust, etc.). That car is going to my little sister who is turning 16 in March.

Anyway, my dad is a big car guy and I am definitely his daughter (he currently has a twin supercharged '00 Diablo, a 575 Maranello, 4.6 X5, a Lamborghini LM002 truck, a super '73 trans am and some other assorted not so interesting stuff) - so I know cars!

So fucy626 - do I sense a little intimidation? Come up to the bay area and I'll race you any time :)

I told you - I will post pics next week, the car is in San Diego right now . . .

·
Registered
930 Posts
M3girl said:
What it boils down to is this - I want to be able to smoke just about everything else out there and am ready to spend $10-$12K to do so . . .
you bought the wrong car... ;)

btw any pics of the TT Lambo? I would love to see that :thumbup:

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
hey...welcome to Fanatics! :)

Glad to hear another Nor Cal M3'er is joining the ranks...as advan24r stated, yes there are quite a few other buddies of ours with E46 M3's but damn, what does your dad do?? hahaha :bow:

I have a shop in Fremont which is not too far from Emeryville...actually my bro's g/f used to live in that tall white building with the condos over in Emeryville....haha

Post some pics or drop me an e-mail: [email protected]

and I'll keep you updated on our latest bay area meet which is on Jan. 25th. A few of our buddies is organizing this and there will be ALOT OF E46 M3's there....

My advice:

Just enjoy the power of 333 hp....any mods will not give you much power and just affect reliability. Get an exhaust, rims, lowering, and maybe a few aero parts and you're set!

late,
rick
Euro Boutique

·
923 Posts
I'd avoid getting an SC on a new M3. Drive it and break it in and get used to how the SMG works and handles. RMS who makes the SC has been rumored to be unreliable and they have had some issues with blown M3 engines. (blown in the bad way)

I would get:
Performance/Handling:
1. Eisenmann Exhaust (Titanium)
2. Gruppe M Intake
3. Sport Suspension - KW v.2
4. Sway Bars
5. New K&N Filter

The best thing about the M3 performance wise is not the Torque of the car but more of the CURVE and High Redline. You realize the 262lbs of torque longer and you take advantage of gearing. 262lbs of torque for a 3300LB car isn't all that great but with the redline and flat torque and higher torque in the higher RPM range makes the M3 a fast 0-60 and 1/4 mile time car. I don't think it necessarily pulls well in highway driving.. i.e. going from 50mph to 80mph to pass.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts