BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my car back guys...I'm soooooooo stoked!!! I didn't expect the body shop to have my car fixed so quickly, and they did an incredible job!!! They're a certified BMW body shop called "Hi-Tech Auto" in Santa Ana, CA if any of you guys ever need body work done. They also hooked me up with the M-Tech Bumper, a brand new Dinan exhaust (to replace the old one) and detailed the car! Here's some Before & After Pics:

Before:

Accident:

Now:

New Dinan Exhaust:

Having my car back so soon made my week!!! The guy said, "I know you're not supposed to pick it up til next week, but since you're young, and its a Friday night, I'll do the paperwork now and you can come back in a couple hours and pick it up."

·
Registered
256 Posts
congratulations !! looks really nice !! :) did they replace the part b/w your rear lights and the rear bumper ?? It looks like it's dinged during the collision right ??

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies fellas! :thumbup: I'm really happy with it, just waiting for 630 to roll around so I can go pick her up.

Sunapollo:
I think the body shop just knocked out that ding you're talking about, looks really smooth.

Sheefo2k:
Yeah some people leave that middle part of the M-Tech bumper as black and unpainted, I like that look too, but I'm digging the fact that my car is now rid of black bumpers/rubber and its painted all around. Now its time for the M-Tech front!

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi-Tech Auto Collision repairs:

714-547-5128

They also specialize in repairing automotive glass such as windshields.

:thumbup:

·
You ain't fresh AZIMIZ!!!!!
2,380 Posts
When you get hit the first thing that goes through your head is...Sh!t. Then you start thinking how you can turn this into a mod making possibility:eeps:
Looks good:thumbup:

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
europass said:
When you get hit the first thing that goes through your head is...Sh!t. Then you start thinking how you can turn this into a mod making possibility:eeps:
Looks good:thumbup:
Thanks man :thumbup: I was really surprised that the body shop was so willing to work with me and get the M-tech bumper; the insurance company at first didnt even want to pay for the Dinan exhaust...but it all worked out in the end. :D

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pimpinCI said:
what's the part number on that new rear bumber?

Thanks
I searched this board for a while till I found the part numbers...I'm not sure exactly which is which, but these are the numbers I gave to the body shop. You can see that I have 2 sets of part numbers; each set was from a different person, but I gave my body shop all the numbers I had and they made it work.

rear coupe:
51-12-7-893-071 Trim Panel
51-12-7-891-916 Cover
51-12-7-893-074 Flap

51 12 7 893 071 - Rear Bumper Cover

51 12 7 893 071 - mtech rear bumper cover
51 12 7 891 916 - mtech rear bumper trim

Good luck

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OnMDMA said:
The new rear is looking goood :thumbup:
Don't you have the full M-Tech kit? I wanna check out your car soon... :thumbup:

·
Invalid User
10,785 Posts
Faheem Daddy said:

Don't you have the full M-Tech kit? I wanna check out your car soon... :thumbup:
i only have the mtech front, everything else will be hamann.is that the same kind of muffler you had on before? i don't remember the tips looking like that.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OnMDMA said:

i only have the mtech front, everything else will be hamann.is that the same kind of muffler you had on before? i don't remember the tips looking like that.
Yep, same one, Dinan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks real good, man. Hey, can you show how well the car looks with the m-tech rear bumper with your stock sides? Does it flow well?

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GPVMD said:
Looks real good, man. Hey, can you show how well the car looks with the m-tech rear bumper with your stock sides? Does it flow well?
I think it flows pretty well with the sides, but the car definitely needs the MTech front bumper as well to match perfectly. I actually just took my car back to the body shop to have them tighten the bumper a little more; the left side had a slight gap in it compared to the right, it was hanging down a little. I'll take some more pictures and post it for you later on this week. :thumbup:

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tedster said:
Looks good :thumbup:
How about a new Mtech front? Coming soon? :D
Yep, the Mtech front will be coming soon. Hopefully I can score a used one that's already painted Ti Silver so I can save some $$$. I wasn't really planning on modding my car anymore and instead saving the $$ to get a motorcycle, but seeing the potential of my car with an Mtech kit has got me pretty enticed... :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts