E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm sort of stuck with the same issue now, I saw the video over at fixmyheadlights but i opened up my headlights to install my angel eyes so I feel like some of my dust is located on the inside of the headlight not just the outside so idk if this is for me. I remember seeing new lenses for 70 bucks a pair somewhere but i can't seem to find it now. If i do ill link em.

·
Registered
78 Posts
i bought lenses as well and i dont regret it one bit. it made my headlights look brand new. i actually had a guy ask me at a gas station how i got them so clean! well worth it, dont take the cheap way out!

·
Registered
24,891 Posts
The polishing kit will remove some of the haze and make the lights shiny again, but it won't remove the rock pitting. At best, the rock pits get polished so they are a little less noticeable.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea but what the toothpaste does is sand it with the little "stone" particles in it, then all they will do again is fog...and is 70 for the pair? or just one

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
The fvck is that. This headlight restoration, that headlight restoration. They all work okay. Go buy new lenses and stop being cheap.

·
Banned
7,363 Posts
Do this, grab some squares of 1500 grit and 2000 grit sandpaper from your hardware department.

1) Wet sand left to right with the 1500
2) Repeat going up and down
3) Wet sand left to right with the 2000
4) Repeat going up and down
Your headlights should be really foggy now.
5) Put toothpaste on a cloth and start rubbing it into the headlights in a circular motion until the fog is gone
6)????
7) Profit!!

Or.. just shell out 70 for the new lenses. The whole headlight process takes 1+ hour done right and will give you a sore arm.

·
Registered
E36 Drift Missile, 08 Nissan Titan Tow Rig, 02 SV650 traffic zipper
1,180 Posts
many people that i know who bought lens cleaner kit got failed on after 6 months. its much worth it if you jjust replace the lens

·
Registered
114 Posts
I say just buy the pair of headlight lens from khoalty and maybe install a clear wrap on the lens itself to protect those unwanted stains. Correct me if im wrong guys, im not sure if the clear wrap can be really that effective.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts