E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this picture from Wheelpower's website. I called wheelpower and the guy was explaining to me over the phone, the new HM2's are cleaner though the lip won't be as big as these. He explained these are the wheels that go on the E39 but the E46 will be very simliar with a smaller lip. In other words, the lip size should stay about the same size as trhe current 18" HM2.

He also explained that these new 18" wheels are cleaner looking then the old HM2 . . . .I'm glad I got a set on order, they look great :thumbup:

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
1,970 Posts
how are they "cleaner"?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think they just incorporated that replaceable lip technology. thats something OZ is putting on a whole line of rims, they just put that "technology" to the hamann line. wonder if u guys get to pay more for that now lol
The price is the same Mark . . . the only difference is that now when you order, you get the new rim since the older one is not available . . .

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
PhilH said:
I can't wait to see them on your car, Alan. Did they tell you when to expect them? It seems people are starting to get them.
Did someone else get them because I would like to see the difference . .. I know a lot of guys here are saying there is no difference, but I see a difference unless the difference I am seeing is the E39 vs E46 :dunno:

The difference I see is the inner part between the spokes is different
In the older one, there is a secondary type of lip, where the new one doesn't have one

Here is one of my old rims

Here is the new one from above

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.