BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
There was a thread on this before but I can't find it...but wow...that does look similar to the Gruppe M

·
Flex UK Style
2,565 Posts
I have one and its awesome. GruppeM didn't make an intake for my car (2.0 valvetronic) and so had to customise this one to work. Had it on for about 6 months now and it's awesome! The quality is absolutely flawless too.

As you can see, the install is not perfect in that the intake does not rest up against the front of the car, this was because the hosing had to be majorly modified to fit, this is being sorted, custom Samco hosing is on order. I know 4 people who have 6-pot engines and it fit straight in just like the Gruppe M

·
Banned
1,345 Posts
hell no, i bought a used gruppe m for 320. 295 for a replica is not worth it

·
Flex UK Style
2,565 Posts
@TheRiddle

IMHO, I think the CAI is worth every penny. I got the intake from a local distributor here in the UK, but the importer here is Teddy (aka MysticM3 - banned :()

·
Registered
49 Posts
those are came from Taiwan....and i went to checked them in person when i was there.....the quality looks pretty good........i think intake is just an intake....will not give you like 50+hp.....but why pay more for real when you have the same look and almost same performance gain?

·
Mod Squad
12,623 Posts
m3on20z said:
That looks more like the Racing Dynamics intake than the Gruppe M...
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that. I stated the same thing in that other thread about this intake. From what I heard/read the quality on the RD intake was less than satisfactory.

Also, the picture of the intake in the engine bay is a GruppeM. Other pictures are not.

Edit: I'm refering to the ad pictures.

·
Banned
407 Posts
I dont think gruppeM is worth it...paying 500 greens just to add like 1-2 HP to the wheels and have a cool sound is just TOO MUCH... when you can get something like a Benfer or Dinan etc...that actually DO WORK! but o well....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts