BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

So me and my father did a diy yesterday and installed a new front wheel bearing on the left side of my car. Everything went smooth at first and the old bearing just poped out without using any pullyes. But when we where gonna put the new wheel bearing on it was abit harder. First it was hard to get it on the axel and we ended up taping quite alot with a hammer and a socket. But we eventually got it on the axel, but it felt as there where resistance when we tried rolling when the new bearing. Now I am afraid that we did destroy the new bearing while hiting it, allthough it dident require alot of force to get in on. Still it wouldent roll more then like half way around the axel by hand.
I did test drive the car and the steering wheel felt more stable tbh, I dunno what to think now. Also we dident have a toruqe wrench to toruqe the axel nut down is this very important? I might be able to get it to a shop and have them fix it fast for me.

·
Registered
262 Posts
New bearing always show more resistance right after the install; drive it couple days and see if it spins smoother.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts