BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got my 99' 323 and the front bumper has a little bit of damage and tons of rock chips. So I thought I might as well paint that and the hood. Then I thought I might as well go with the "face lifted" bumper I think its called? Anyways, would one of these newer bumpers fit on my car and how much would it cost. Thanks

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
get an Mtech bumper that would fit better with ur headlights, the bumper should be around 500 plus shipping from Pacific

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would an M tech fit without modifications? I've been lookin at the m3 bumper now, but I'm kinda scared to try to make it fit.

·
Registered
589 Posts
M-Tech isn't an M3 bumper. It has similar styling, but it think it looks completely different than an M3 bumper. M-Tech still looks really good though. If you want to do a true M3 bumper, it requires retrofiting it to the car, so it's not a direct bolt on.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I'm leaning towards M-tech now. Is M-tech an OEM bumper? I've heard there is a few types of M-tech bumpers, what's the diff? Now that I think about it, I should probably replace my rear too, is there an M-tech rear bumper? Thanks guys

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mtech is OEM. I was quoted 237 for the front bumper itself, at pacific bmw. However, you will need other miscelleneous parts: foglights, brake ducts, etc etc. The Mtech rear is 310. I will post a thread w/ pics (after I get my car back from the shop tomorrow) and full list of part numbers I got from the dealer's invoice. Watch for it :thumbup:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Kryptic :) what was done to your car?

·
Registered
66 Posts
L-I-B said:
Thanks Kryptic :) what was done to your car?
All exterior stuff for now. I'll get to the performance after my tint and drop.

1. Umnitza 6000K HID and DDE
2. 18'' Ac schnitzers
3. Full Mtech Kit
4. OEM M3 trunk spoiler
5. Phillips Silvervision Bulbs (Being Shipped)
6. Blackout grill (Also being shipped)

I think that's it. I only started a couple months ago by the way, hahaha. I"m going crazy, I really really hope you don't turn out like me. Don't catch the modding bug man, it gets really expensive.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds sweet man, don't worry. I already have it haha. I'm like, well I need new tires in a few months, might as well get wheels and tires and suspension. Then I say, well my front and rear bumpers are a little messed up might as well get new ones. I'm already lookin at 3k haha.

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
ive got the same problem.. my bumper has chips alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll over it.. but i dont feel like spending 800 for paint and mtech so i just got a urethane hamann style front from ebay for 100, im gonna put that on and repaint ... all for 300.. much better i.m.o :thumbup:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Kryptic said:
Mtech is OEM. I was quoted 237 for the front bumper itself, at pacific bmw. However, you will need other miscelleneous parts: foglights, brake ducts, etc etc. The Mtech rear is 310. I will post a thread w/ pics (after I get my car back from the shop tomorrow) and full list of part numbers I got from the dealer's invoice. Watch for it :thumbup:
Wanna see that part list....

·
Registered
66 Posts
CCali said:
ive got the same problem.. my bumper has chips alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll over it.. but i dont feel like spending 800 for paint and mtech so i just got a urethane hamann style front from ebay for 100, im gonna put that on and repaint ... all for 300.. much better i.m.o :thumbup:
I hate those :censor: chips too !!!! That's one of the reasons I m getting the mtech and paint. :censor: Chips all over the bumper and hood. I got my kit, plus hood, trunk, and m3 spoiler painted for 800.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya mine has chips alllll over the bumper and hood, its depressing when I'm detailing the car. I'll have to look into that 3m clear stuff when I get it repainted.

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
its very depressing.. i rarely rarely wash over my front bumper when i was my car.. and sometimes i get ready to go wash my car and look at the front bumper and just say forget it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is your car black? Mine's dark blue and everything shows up, dust, dings ect.. it sucks.

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
me?? its silver.. theyre actually pretty hard to notice unless u look up close but still.. i hate them with a passion, if u look close in this pic u can see all the hundres of dots...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
hey what type of halo's u have they look real good!

CCali said:
me?? its silver.. theyre actually pretty hard to notice unless u look up close but still.. i hate them with a passion, if u look close in this pic u can see all the hundres of dots...

·
Registered
66 Posts
CCali said:
If you love your car, you'll notice EVERYTHING!! And those lil f***ing things are REALLY REALLY annoying, especially when it comes to washing and detailing.

Anybody know where to get the clear front guard, for the e46 w/ the mtech bumper ? Umnitza has the clear ones, called stonguard ? But its only for the e36.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts