E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a cooling system overhaul last week and while doing so also replaced my faulty fan clutch. After doing some research realized its failing symptoms and went ahead and ordered a new one and blades to go along with it. W/ new clutch it produces great great cooling power (I can just feel it while standing above engine bay) and it also solved my post-cooling system overhaul overheating issue" lol...:woot:

BUT now im getting that infamous "truck noise" everybody talks about. WTH. Is there some sort of "break-in" period for a new fan clutch..or whats up with that ? Anybody got any input on that for me?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should have done an electric fan swap along with a clutch and auxillary fan delete.
I just did it and it works great and its QUIET!
Eh...dnt have an extra $300 to blow on that cuz its not really "needed".... College Student + Needy Girlfriend = NO to unnecessary modifications until break up with girlfriend or done with college

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Eh...dnt have an extra $300 to blow on that cuz its not really "needed".... College Student + Needy Girlfriend = NO to unnecessary modifications until break up with girlfriend or done with college
I understand the money issue, but it could be had for $200 on ebay. Plus you can make up for some lost cash in the sale of your auxillary fan and clutch fan. Anyhow, its worth it, albeit a little expensive. Your girl will be more relaxed without the fed ex truck sound and more in the mood as a result. So in essence... less noise = more @ss for you. Do you still think its not worth?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand the money issue, but it could be had for $200 on ebay. Plus you can make up for some lost cash in the sale of your auxillary fan and clutch fan. Anyhow, its worth it, albeit a little expensive. Your girl will be more relaxed without the fed ex truck sound and more in the mood as a result. So in essence... less noise = more @ss for you. Do you still think its not worth?
Lmao...my god...your like a mini Buddha !! I will possibly pursue this investment now.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I once read an article in "5.0" magazine obviously about Ford Mustangs when I was in my early 20's, and this reminds me of that article. In that article a guy in his 20's dumped his girl so he could have the "nag free" time and extra cash to complete the mustang of his dreams. He basically picked horsepower or @sspower! He was my hero from that moment on. A real legend and auto fanatic. I still have much of my old auto mag collection in my garage library, and if I get a moment may look for and post that article.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I once read an article in "5.0" magazine obviously about Ford Mustangs when I was in my early 20's, and this reminds me of that article. In that article a guy in his 20's dumped his girl so he could have the "nag free" time and extra cash to complete the mustang of his dreams. He basically picked horsepower or @sspower! He was my hero from that moment on. A real legend and auto fanatic. I still have much of my old auto mag collection in my garage library, and if I get a moment may look for and post that article.
haha sounds good bro...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.