BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed new muffler, wondering why it sounds nice and growls only at low rpm, once engine reaches bout 3000 rpm the engine is the only thing I hear. any advice?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nT6kU6-NY9U
(feel free to turn your head to watch the vid, lol sorry dont know how to rotate video)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
:hmm:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I agree...never seen anything like it! :confused:

Placing a load on your engine will most likely make it talk more in the upper rpm's!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it was just a random aftermarket muffler i got from this shop and then i chose what tips i wanted on it. . . . Im kinda getting the feeling like I shoulda done some more research before jumping into this one. But what can I do to salvage the situation without having to REPURCHASE a new muffler. (and whats a "load" on my engine? - kritikal aspect)

·
Banned
2,061 Posts
My intake roars over my exhaust at 4500k beyond..........

You also want to let your exhaust "break in" It is just brand new, so give it time to get the right sound

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what kind of intake do you have? have you actually noticed any performance increases? ive heard that sticking some bolt on intake and exhaust actually doesnt do much at all.

·
Banned
2,061 Posts
what kind of intake do you have? have you actually noticed any performance increases? ive heard that sticking some bolt on intake and exhaust actually doesnt do much at all.
AEM intake matched up with a Rogue IKON.

No gains at all, just pure sexy sound :str8pimpi

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how long did it take for your exhaust to get that sound you wanted? also where do you buy ur parts?

·
Modifiziertes ///Mitglied
27,022 Posts
My Bastuck does the same thing. Loud roar in the low's, but gets kinda silent in the high's. Time to upgrade the headers to change that :woot:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
from where?

AEM intake matched up with a Rogue IKON.

No gains at all, just pure sexy sound :str8pimpi
how long did it take for your exhaust to get that sound you wanted? also where do you buy ur parts?

·
Banned
2,061 Posts
Got them both used, so I really don't know............

I got both parts from fellow e46fanatic members :pimpin:

·
Registered
e92 M3
3,746 Posts
changing the headers would actually give you a nice sound but if that's too much for you I recommend removing resonators.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
are the resonators in the exhaust? if so how do I remove resonators?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
really!? so you think removing both resonators will give a significant increase in sound? (with still keeping my new muffler)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts