BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! :hi: The FIRST Eonon high-end AllwinnerT8 car radio was released as expected with a ultra-fast running speed and fluent experience for your BMW.

Explore the all-new features on new Andrord 7.1 head unit GA8150A https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS/Vehicle-Specific-GPS/BMW-E46-Android-71-Octa-Core-2GB-RAM-Car-Radio-GPS-Navigation-System-7-Inch-2-Din-Multimedia-Car-DVD-CD-Player.htmlhere :craig: :
  • Perfect fit for your BMW 3 Series 1999-2004(E46)
  • New Android 7.1 OS, 2GB RAM, Octa-Core, 32GB ROM provides a high speed of response and more fluent experience
  • Split screen mode allows running two apps side by side.
  • Support Bluetooth Music Info Display & EasyConnection for More Fun
  • Support video output from all modes, more entertainment
  • Support Subwoofer output volume adjustable, you can adjust the volume according to your personal preferences
We love to listen to our customers and welcome to your kind inquiry. Thank you! :pimpin: Check for more info. here:
https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS/Vehicle-Specific-GPS/BMW-E46-Android-71-Octa-Core-2GB-RAM-Car-Radio-GPS-Navigation-System-7-Inch-2-Din-Multimedia-Car-DVD-CD-Player.html

·
Registered
176 Posts
WTH
I was waiting for gb for 7150a to start and you release newer version??? Lol
Do i have to wait until thanksgiving event or what -(

Sent from my G8232 using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Not cool Eonon, not cool. You're charging for a software update based on an open source OS.

·
Registered
208 Posts
based on their spec sheet, they went from

GA7150A -
CPU: RK-PX5 A53 Octa-core
RAM: SAMSUNG DDR3 2GB RAM

to

GA8150A -
CPU: T8 Octa-Core A7 1.8GHz
RAM: hynix, 2GB

Can't really speak from experience, but in writing this seems like a downgrade? Ram went to a less reputable brand, and cpu went to a lesser used chip (compared to rockchips)?

Will need more guinea pigs to find out if it's the same or worse I guess...

·
Registered
114 Posts
No indication of what of amplifier is used, or its specs! Always a deal breaker (for me), no matter the bells and whistles or fancy screen you get!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi Eonon!

How is this different from the GA7150A exactly?

Also, will you have a forum special or group buy on this one?

Cheers
Hi Koalaman, thanks for your interests on our products. :pimpin: Eonon GA8150A is the head units with Android 7.1 system but GA7150A is with Android 6.0. In addition, Eonon GA8150A is with superior CPU Processor T8 Octa-Core A7 1.8GHz while GA7150A is with RK-PX5 A53 Octa-core. Check more details of the defference between them here: https://www.eonon.com/compare.aspx?prods=1776,1843&bigCategory=3 Hope it helps, thanks!
Currently we don't have any plans on forum special. We will hold the group buy on this unit if there are 10+ people want. Thank you!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WTH
I was waiting for gb for 7150a to start and you release newer version??? Lol
Do i have to wait until thanksgiving event or what -(

Sent from my G8232 using E46Fanatics mobile app
Hi nut, thanks for your message. :pimpin: We feel so sorry to tell you that Eonon GA7150A is discontinued and not sold any more. Btw, are you interested in the GB of Eonon GA8150A? The GB will be started if there are 10+ people who are interested in it. Thanks for your kind understanding! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do all the necessary connectors and cables come with or do I need to purchase something additional?

Also... I've done some googling, and what the heck is a T8 Octa-Core A7 1.8GHz processor? There is basically zero info about it.
-J

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just decided to pick up 7150 when I saw this. Already placed the order. I've got the OEM nav and read up on it and it seems I need to order the extra 5m harness cable? I saw no option for it when ordering. Hope you'll reply to my email and can complete the order @eononcardvd

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Not cool Eonon, not cool. You're charging for a software update based on an open source OS.
Hi SeanC, Eonon head units GA8150A and GA7150A are not only different in Android system version but also in CPU design. GA8150A is with the newest generation of high-end Allwinner T8 processor but GA7150A is with RK-PX5 A53. :) You can check the difference between them here: https://www.eonon.com/compare.aspx?prods=1776,1843&bigCategory=3 Thanks!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i like it so much great device but i think you removed the win ce interface
We love to hear this, minawagdi. We're glad to have such awesome fans like you. :thumbup:

What would the price be with a group buy?
Hi matt6150, thanks for your message. The GB price is not available now. We will post the best offer once the GB is started. :pimpin: So would you like to sign up in? Thanks!

Just decided to pick up 7150 when I saw this. Already placed the order. I've got the OEM nav and read up on it and it seems I need to order the extra 5m harness cable? I saw no option for it when ordering. Hope you'll reply to my email and can complete the order @eononcardvd
Hi dstyp, thanks for your order. You may need the extended wire A0579 for the installation with GA7150. Click and place the order here:
https://www.eonon.com/Accessories/Kits-Harness/A0579.html
You will be highly appreciated if you could PM us your email or the order no. of your Eonon head unit. :craig:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
based on their spec sheet, they went from

GA7150A -
CPU: RK-PX5 A53 Octa-core
RAM: SAMSUNG DDR3 2GB RAM

to

GA8150A -
CPU: T8 Octa-Core A7 1.8GHz
RAM: hynix, 2GB

Can't really speak from experience, but in writing this seems like a downgrade? Ram went to a less reputable brand, and cpu went to a lesser used chip (compared to rockchips)?

Will need more guinea pigs to find out if it's the same or worse I guess...
Hi EssArr, as you know we use the superior CPU T8 Octa-Core A7 1.8GHz and RAM Hynix 2GB for the head unit Android 7.1 GA8150A. :)
T8 Octa-Core A7 1.8GHz is produced by Allwinner Company, which was a leading manufacturer in the field of smart application processor SoC and intelligent analog chip established in 2007.
Hynix semiconductor is the third-largest DRAM manufacturer in the world. :thumbup:

No indication of what of amplifier is used, or its specs! Always a deal breaker (for me), no matter the bells and whistles or fancy screen you get!
Hi Cooolone, the AMP model of Eonon head unit GA8150A is ST7388. Thanks. :pimpin:

Do all the necessary connectors and cables come with or do I need to purchase something additional?

Also... I've done some googling, and what the heck is a T8 Octa-Core A7 1.8GHz processor? There is basically zero info about it.
-J
Hi miatawnt2b, we equip the head unit GA8150A with all the accessories for the installation. You can consider on whether you need to buy a extended wire or not. Check the wire here: https://www.eonon.com/Accessories/Kits-Harness/A0579.html
T8 Octa-Core A7 1.8GHz is the specification of the CPU of our head unit. T8 is the CPU model, Octa-Core A7 is the framework of CPU and 1.8GHz is the dominant frequency of CPU. :craig:
Hope it helps, thanks!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I went ahead and purchased the GA8150A directly from eonon.com. I hope the unit will work right out of the box without having to go through firmware updates as I had to with the GA7150A.

1 - 20 of 249 Posts