·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,470 Posts
bumping for new members

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Is the new sunshade driver in the repair kit better than the OEM one from the factory? I just replaced my driver's side tabs and they got caught with the sunshade driver again...I think I'm going to have to replace the driver itself

·
Registered
212 Posts
The problem I am having is the rear passenger corner is dropping about 1/4" to 3/8" lower than the other 3 corners. Sometimes when closing the sunroof, it gets about 4" from closing and stops and opens fully. We kept pushing the button til it closed fully. That is when I read about the reset. I tried the reset and it at least let the sunroof close. When I tilt it up I took these pics and you can see that something is off. You can see in the drivers side is about 1" ahead of the passenger side. Is there an adjustment on the sliding tracks?

Pics were taken after I tried the reset.....

Closed

Tilted

Thanks for any suggestions.
PS....The car has been washed since the pics.....LOL
This exact issue is happening to me. I the loud click clack noise happened on Monday and I noticed yesterday that glass wasn't closing properly and thought, hmmm that was weird. Just so happen to get in the car this morning and I noticed that the corner near the rear passenger side was down, lower than the other four corners.

As a quick fix, I pushed the button up as if I was going to have the sunroof vented and that seems to level the glass.

I havent tried resetting the motor but I looked into the sunroof repair kit. OMG its like $300 just for the parts! WTF?! Hopefully I can get away with doing the tabs and the slide rails.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I heard a grinding noise coming from my sunroof and I assumed it was the driver side clips. I took the glass off only to discover the rain gutter was dislocated and burried into the back. The locking pins which are designed to keep the rain gutter in place were both broken and missing. Does anyone know if they can be ordered ( I didn't see them on realoem) or it there a DIY way to keep the rain gutter fastened? I need to buy a replacement gutter, and I want to get all parts in one shot. Thanks for any and all assistance. Peter
Same here. The locking pin on my driver's side is shot. Could not find it for sale anywhere.

·
Registered
191 Posts
anybody know if this piece is plastic or metal? It's the only thing I need and I don't want to buy the whole repair kit for this one tiny piece! I may try to concoct something…
I am after just the grey plastic push on piece as well.

Did you happen to find it or make something???

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is exactly what I needed. I ended up removing my slider while replacing the the headliner fabric, but it's been getting brutally hot in the sun without the slider. I'll have to get these parts of amazon/ebay and get to work. Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
This is exactly what I needed. I ended up removing my slider while replacing the the headliner fabric, but it's been getting brutally hot in the sun without the slider. I'll have to get these parts of amazon/ebay and get to work. Thanks!
I might remove the driver from the casette and just use the sliding shade manually! Having trouble finding just that part and couldn't be stuffed fabricating anything to replace it! lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
Has anyone found a reasonable DIY fix for the sunshade driver without going through the pain in the ass process of replacing it?

81 - 92 of 92 Posts