E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, Been hunting for an E46 for the past month or so. Hoping to find one soon. I'm from Long Island and currently live in Leesburg, VA until next month. Left the tuner scene a few years ago and was using a company vehicle up until recently which explains the hunt. Anyway what should I look out for when checking out some used 3 series? Any leads would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
If it's an m3 make sure it's 03 and up, try to get the ones with the led taillights, also make sure any recalls have been done, rtabs is a must, depending on the mileage u may have leaky valve cover gasket, rears diff seals, rear shock mounts could be worn..., make sure service engine light is off, or if it's on then make sure it's nothn serious... Make sure vanos is good too, most times it's just the seal if it goes. I have 180k mileage on mine it's an 03 and it's supercharged, no major issues cars the bomb, but at then end of the day it is a BMW so make sure u got some dough for repairs as they are not cheap cars to fix

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.