E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

The time has come for me to order new discs and pads for my E46 318 Compact.

I've looked through the older posts and found some information on this and it comes down to 3 brands that are convenient for me.

I have a choice between ATE discs and pads, TEXTAR, or PAGID.

The price difference is minimal, about £30 for TEXTAR discs and about £25 for PAGID and ATE. Pads are around the same for any of the brands.

The guy from the shop said that PAGID and ATE are essentially the same disc.

From my research, I have come to no conclusions on which would be a better buy.

I am not interested in any kind of braking upgrade, so performance discs and pads are out.

Any thoughts?

I am thinking of buying through Eurocarparts.com

Regards

Leo

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would I be at a big disadvantage if I used ATE? They have ATE in stock, but I have to order the TEXTAR in advance.

Many thanks

Leo

·
Registered
697 Posts
No interest in brake dust reduction? I installed Akebono Euro's over 2 weeks ago and my wheels are still relatively clean. Normally they are black again within 4 days. We've even had nearly 10 inches of rain in that time period, yet the wheels are still in good shape. Performance difference is minimal.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No interest in brake dust reduction? I installed Akebono Euro's over 2 weeks ago and my wheels are still relatively clean. Normally they are black again within 4 days. We've even had nearly 10 inches of rain in that time period, yet the wheels are still in good shape. Performance difference is minimal.
I haven't considered brake dust to be honest. I try to keep the car as clean as possible, but then again the moment it rains, all the effort is ruined.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
Buy performance friction carbon metallic pads from bimmerworld. Every other pad you mentioned is garbage compared to them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts