BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen these up close yet?

"Imagine your BMW sporting these ultra-lightweight 19” wheels, designed specifically for the E46 M3. Now imagine the incredible grip and crisp turn-in you’ll experience when these beautiful wheels are fitted with 285/30-19 tires in the rear and 275/30-19 tires in the front. That’s four more inches of rubber up front, digging in and holding on for some serious fun through the turns. And the massive wheels and tires fit perfectly under the car’s generous fender wells, for a look that screams this M3 means business!

Why would you want such large tires in the front? Quite simply, to reduce the car’s often criticized understeer characteristic. In addition to the obvious benefits of wider tires, we’ve taken great pains to bring the front and rear tire sizes closer together, providing a more neutral balance. We’ve successfully closed the gap between rear and front tire sizes as compared to the stock arrangement, reducing the difference in width from 30 mm to just 10mm, for a 66% reduction in the disparity. The results of the additional grip up front provide a dramatic reduction of understeer and far more exciting turn-in. You won’t find another wheel and tire combination available anywhere that offers the ability to fit 275 tires up front, and in many cases the difference between front and rear tires is even greater than stock, doing nothing to reduce that frustrating understeer. There’s much more to performance wheels than visual appeal alone; at least it’s true at Dinan!

The wheels are manufactured using an advanced spread-forging technique that offers incredible strength while keeping weight down to a mere 20 pounds. Every surface of the forged wheel is CNC machined, eliminating any unnecessary material for un-sprung weight reduction and a finish that might easily be confused with a work of art."

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
Damn :yikes: Thats the first time I've seen those up close and those look nice. Too bad the price is so high. I'd rather snag some Hamann or BBS wheels for that price.

·
Der Meisterstück
2,496 Posts
I believe that the Dinan Wheels are actually Speedline wheels versus Axis wheels. Dinan has exclusive distribution with that particular Speedline wheel design in the US, hence you will find it very hard to purchase that style of Speedline wheel from Speedline.

·
Registered
337 Posts
vincentw said:
those are made by speedline america corp. (www.sacwheels.com).
They also make Renntech and Saleen's wheels I believe...
does anyone know if speedline makes all of dinan wheels? i ask since i believe/heard that fikse manufactured dinan's other multi-piece wheel? i believe that is why it's multi-piece with the screws on the inside (just like fikse's design).

if this is true, that explains why they are so freakin' expensive...made by fikse, with the dinan label - double whammy :yikes:

thanks!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
SAC is now Owned by Champion Motorsport of Florida.
They are also the ones making the RG-4's for us... that is the Reverse Engineered CSL wheel that will be lighter and stronger than the Factory version.

·
(\OO\ (||)(||) /OO/)
800 Posts
DN328 said:
does anyone know if speedline makes all of dinan wheels? i ask since i believe/heard that fikse manufactured dinan's other multi-piece wheel? i believe that is why it's multi-piece with the screws on the inside (just like fikse's design).

if this is true, that explains why they are so freakin' expensive...made by fikse, with the dinan label - double whammy :yikes:

thanks!
Yes, this was once the case. Just about all of Dinan's previous wheels were manufactured by Fikse based on their FM/5 wheel. There were some changes to the profiles, finishes, etc. that were only available through Dinan, but were essentially the same wheel. The Dinan mark-up over the standard Fikse wheel seemed to be somewhere around $100-$200 each depending upon the size. Dinan was selling them for about $850-$1000 each. The new wheels (manufactured by SACs, I believe) are significantly more expensive than the previous Dinan wheels, going for about $1100-$1200 each. I don't know if that's because the wheels themselves are more expensive, or if Dinan is marking them up higher.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts