BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a new convertible top put on by a upholstery shop, I got it back 2 days ago and I'm noticing the 5th bow, basically the part that sits on top of the convertible top boot (right under the rear window), on the right side it sits nice and flush but on the left side it's sitting about half an inch high. Is this due to improper installation or due to the top being new and needing to stretch? I'm worried its the former....

help.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it were me, I'd thoroughly wet the roof, cycle it a few times and see if that helps. If after it's fully dry and still not correct, back to the shop that did the work I would go.
thanks for the suggestion, i'll give that a try!

·
Registered
E46 '04 330Ci convertible 750K km
1,027 Posts
Hope you found solution, as post is ew month long.
No wetting-drying wont help. It is clearly wrong cutting/ fitting/installing by work shop.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
honestly its still like the way it was when installed but it doesnt leak so i just let it go...

·
Registered
68 Posts
There is a hard plastic holding the top down. You might be able to remove the screws and plate holding that down to pull the top/binding down a bit. Problem is that the plastic is pretty stiff. It***8217;ll be difficult to adjust. The aftermarket plastic parts usually aren***8217;t the perfect size or shape so things like this happen sometimes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts