BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies and gentlemen

I am looking to replace my control arms in my e46

Does anyone have experience with the bavarian autosport brand control arms? they are $290 for the kit (5153345 KIT) that comes with bushings. Are they any good? Who makes them?

I am also considering the meyle control arm kit, it is more expensive at $385 for the kit. But still way under the OEM cost.

Anyone have any experience with which control arms are best? thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
Meyle HD.

I bought cheap ones and ended up replacing them in 3k miles due to steering wheel shake/looseness. Don't go cheap here.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I got the Meyle HDs with powerflex polyurethane bushings. The ride is more stiff than stock and I'm perfectly happy with it. As cposk had written you don't want to go to cheap here. Good luck.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,560 Posts
call and ask them at BavAuto. they have a guy here who also posts on the forum.

i had great results with Meyle HD.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gave in and spent a bit more to buy the Meyle HD control arms. I was too cations about not having any reviews for the bav auto arms

·
Registered
28 Posts
Search for the ZHP control arms made by Lemforder (OEM quality) or a little cheaper Febi (still great quality) on Pelican Parts. You won't find them any cheaper and no better control arms.

P/N: 31122282121 & 31122282122

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I never stated too expensive, I said more expensive. I don't want to spend too much money on this car because I am looking for an e46 m3 to replace my old sedan with. Meyle HD arms should hold up for the hopefully a short amount of time I have this car for.

·
Registered
28,447 Posts
Hello ladies and gentlemen

I am looking to replace my control arms in my e46

I am also considering the meyle control arm kit, it is more expensive at $385 for the kit. But still way under the OEM cost.

Anyone have any experience with which control arms are best? thanks
I never stated too expensive, I said more expensive. I don't want to spend too much money on this car because I am looking for an e46 m3 to replace my old sedan with. Meyle HD arms should hold up for the hopefully a short amount of time I have this car for.
Sounds like price was/is a big factor according to your original post. Which is fine. Just tell it like it is. If cost is not a factor, then get the ///M ZHP arms.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think they sell it all but the ones they sell under their own name are likely generic chinese designed/sourced aftermarket.
It would be interesting to find out who makes those arms for them, or any of bavauto brand parts for that matter. I can't imagine they would be high quality arms for such a small price. But you never know. they could be selling at a loss in order to get their name in the market.

·
Registered
28,447 Posts
It would be interesting to find out who makes those arms for them, or any of bavauto brand parts for that matter. I can't imagine they would be high quality arms for such a small price. But you never know. they could be selling at a loss in order to get their name in the market.
probably dorman or FCP groton or something. I think the name hamburg technic comes to mind. if you're gonna flip the car soon, maybe it will work. who knows? Up to you

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
probably dorman or FCP groton or something. I think the name hamburg technic comes to mind. if you're gonna flip the car soon, maybe it will work. who knows? Up to you
I already ordered Myele HD arms and bushings. People have mixed reviews, some say thier grate, some say their junk. i gues i'll wait and see how they are for myself. I was too scared to be the first to try out the Bavauto once.

·
Registered
28,447 Posts

·
Registered
28,447 Posts
Thank you for your input. Now I dont feel too bad for not buying the ZHP or the Lemforders arms.
I have nearly 40,000 hard miles on my arms/bushings. That includes an all-day autocross and weekly canyon drives. I periodically put the car up on a lift and inspect all components for play. Rock solid. My friend has the same results with his Meyle equipment and he has over 100k on his. Also rock solid and driven in the canyons.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts